Opening new detail shop

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
Well, I hated my job and needed to do something about it. I decided to open a detail shop. I've been remodeling the place for a month and can proudly say that this coming Monday, Attention to Detail will open for business. It is a four bay shop and I will start with 3 employees. I have a lot of accounts, so I expect to be very busy from the start. I have had a few cars in before I opened, and of course I've done my own cars.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL_LOGO.jpg
1940 New Yorker.jpg
1940 New Yorker LT1.jpg
2006 300C SRT8.jpg
2006 300C SRT8 1.jpg
SRT8 engine detail.jpg
2012 Avalon 1.jpg
2012 Avalon.jpg
SRT8 engine detail 1.jpg

Good luck in your venture. I always wanted to do a detail shop, but age got in the way. Do a good job, and word of mouth will work for you.

barracudadave67

Best of luck to 'ya! Nice that you've shown black cars in your advertising....The most difficult color to detail IMO

Good luck on your way to fame and fortune! Find a good PDR and also a wheel guy. When a customer comes in for a detail, tell them that you can their dings and wheels fixed while the car is in there? Bump the sublet price 20-30% and it's like found money. All you gotta do is sell it and call the other vendors.

Good luck on your way to fame and fortune! Find a good PDR and also a wheel guy. When a customer comes in for a detail, tell them that you can their dings and wheels fixed while the car is in there? Bump the sublet price 20-30% and it's like found money. All you gotta do is sell it and call the other vendors.
yeah, bump the price like everyone else has, (american greed), and people will do it their selves, like me !

yeah, bump the price like everyone else has, (american greed), and people will do it their selves, like me !
Do you work for free?

What is truly greedy are people that want everything for free, not people who bust their *** to support themselves.

Last edited:
Awesome, congrats on the new venture!

What detailing equipment do you use?

Full multi-step paint correction or aiming more for a wash/wax gig?

Keep the attention to detail high and you should do well. I worked at a high end detail shop years ago and the customers (lots of new ones from word of mouth) kept coming. People are amazed at how good their cars can look after some TLC but it takes time. It's almost impossible to think here are shortcuts available when detailing a car.

Awesome, congrats on the new venture!

What detailing equipment do you use?

Full multi-step paint correction or aiming more for a wash/wax gig?
I am using Simoniz product. I have a Mytee extractor, a low speed buffer, an ozone generator, a Tornador and of course the pressure washer and shop vac. I'm not going to do any paint correction until I get established and get a feel for how much business there will be. Mainly cleaning cars, headlight restoration, odor removal, etc....

Bob, do you know how to do PDR or repair alloy wheels that have been curb rashed. If so, good for you, do it yourself. Most people who are paying to have their cars detailed would like to get their dings and wheels fixed while it's there. It adds to the total appearance of the vehicle. Most mobile PDR and wheel guys will give a discount to their commercial customers, and then the detailer is allowed to make some money off of the repair. I have some customers who bump my price 50%.

The cost of the detail remains the same. These are added services that he can provide through a sublet vendor that would make his business more profitable. I've been doing it for over twenty years now, but what do I know?

Bob, do you know how to do PDR or repair alloy wheels that have been curb rashed. If so, good for you, do it yourself. Most people who are paying to have their cars detailed would like to get their dings and wheels fixed while it's there. It adds to the total appearance of the vehicle. Most mobile PDR and wheel guys will give a discount to their commercial customers, and then the detailer is allowed to make some money off of the repair. I have some customers who bump my price 50%.

The cost of the detail remains the same. These are added services that he can provide through a sublet vendor that would make his business more profitable. I've been doing it for over twenty years now, but what do I know?
--------------------------------------------------------------
probably more than me. But I`ve always built my own engines, and done my own everything, except trans. There is a guy in so. Tulsa that details for $80 a car, he is so busy , people have to make app. sometimes weeks in advance. He`s very good too. I still will do it myself.

-
Back