Operation Pineapple Brazil to Alaska

-

"Dart67"

Reaction score
My wife and I just had an amazing visit with one of my MOPAR friends Fernando and his father Hugo from Sao Paulo Brazil

Fernando and his family not live in the Daytona Beach Florida area. Hugo is now 84 and still lives in Brazil.

During the visit we learned that Hugo was one of three young men from Brazil that were "Operation Pineapple".

They are now driving back to Florida after having attended and participating in the "Alaska or Rust" event.

Here are links to both events.

Brasil to Alaska, 1955 on CJ3B.info

Alaska Or Rust

DSCF2959.JPG

Left to Right: Fernando, Hugo, Herb aka"Dart67"

This is one of Fernando's cars. It will be imported to the states in the near future.
DODGE 004.jpg

This is one of Fernando's cars. It will be imported to the states in the near future.

Sounds like you had a great visit. Great reads on both the 1955 and 2017 trips.
Thanks for posting the pic of Fernando's Dart - a '69 I'm guessing by the looks of the front/rear fender reflectors.
I love the roofline sail panels but wonder if they create drag like the tunneled backlight on '68-'70 Chargers?

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a great visit.
Thanks for posting the pic of Fernando's Dart - a '69 I'm guessing by the looks of the front/rear fender reflectors.
I love the roofline sail panels but wonder if they create drag like the tunneled backlight on '68-'70 Chargers?

If you you look close on the sail panel you will see that this is a Brazilian "Charger".

Right - I saw the 'Charger' badge. But it's still an A-body '69 Dart with different top sheet metal - just called a 'Charger' in Brazil.
The backlight appears to be the same as a stock USA-built Dart.

-
Back