operation 'slant sexy' successful!!!

-

73goldduster

Reaction score
yeeeeee-haaaaaaaw!!
finally got off of my a$$ and got my motor together. this friggin thing fought us tooth and nail, but we ended up on top! :-D
it had started dieseling, running rough, poor mileage, etc, so it was time to go.
here's some pics showing before and after. maybe some 'during' later, also video.
now the hard part; tuning. there are definitely still some issues. note the funky throttle cable/kickdown setup. brakes still suck, too...
the two knuckleheads by the duster are 'crustipher' (christopher) and 'melting mike'. the more handsome partners in 'chalupa moter sports'.

slantugly.jpg

slantsexy2.jpg

slantsexy.jpg

arewedoneyet.jpg

slantincar.jpg

wow that is nice! yes i want to know the details too. i hope you dont get any overspray on that beautiful engine when you paint the engine bay!

VERY NIZE =P~=P~
Job well dun :cheers: I like the black wrinkle valve cover and I have never seen a set of headers like that , the back pipe running that way 8)
I see you went with the Offy intake also 8)

June third 2010 helping Creed Clean My Closet area OUT! 006.jpg

June third 2010 helping Creed Clean My Closet area OUT! 007.jpg

thanks all! who says you cant polish a turd? lol

i don't know hp or tq numbers, mileage seemed to be about the same as before the build, even with all of the old parts in the trunk.
here are some fun facts:
cam: mopar 'purple' cam, 0.460" lift, 268* duration, 104 centerline
head: milled 0.090", big valves and matching springs from enginebuilder, mild port work, smoothing and gasket matching by yours truly
induction: offy intake, holley 390 w/electric choke (straight out of the box, no changes yet)
exhaust: hooker super comp headers (beautiful craftsmanship on these, but $$$!), 2.5" dual exhaust through two 'turbo' mufflers, these sound amazing when standing behind the car
misc: high pressure oil pump relief spring, summit mini starter (to clear headers), k&n air filter, blaster 2 coil, ngk plugs coming soon
bottom end: stock, honed cylinder walls, cleaned up piston tops

i pretty much blew my spending cash for the next few months on this bad boy, so body work and paint is waaay down the road.
i haven't really gotten on it hard yet, but it feels like it wants to pull hard at the top end. scary since the brakes aren't too firm. not very responsive off idle. i cant wait to get it on a track and see what it can really do!

VERY NIZE =P~=P~
Job well dun :cheers: I like the black wrinkle valve cover and I have never seen a set of headers like that , the back pipe running that way 8)
I see you went with the Offy intake also 8)

Is that air filter box from a jeep?????

looks good. you will want to get the vacuum spring quick change kit, and the 4160 to 4150 conversion kit, so you can put jets in to adjust your secondaries rather than plates. other than that, just have fun tuning that holley. :-D

P2152308.jpg

-
Back