Operation: Venomous Fish (69 Bcuda V10)

-
“Snake in a glass” would’ve made a pretty cool wheelie machine!
I’m with you on the the “patch” work. I did my Hemi swap in my 1 1/2 car garage. It’s a lot easier to cut and smaller pieces at a time than one big sheet with a set of pliers. Nicely done to say the least. Looks very professional. Would like to see more on the firewall. I have seen people abandon the viper swap in e bodies due to space.

I did my T56 tunnel with "patch work" as well. I used a ToddRonn crossmember that gave some of its own shape to the tunnel and went from there. The thing with a complete tunnel is that the T56 is not a completely symmetrical transmission, certainly not when you consider clearances for things too. Sure, a nice round transmission tunnel might look cleaner, but it would have to be much larger than what I ended up doing. The T56 is very square. And yeah, like a lot of people I was doing this in my garage without aid of a sheet metal brake and English wheel and unlimited time to make it all come together. The welding was pretty easy, it allowed me to tailor the clearances to the T56 and keep the tunnel as small as possible. And the patch work is above the transmission, below the sound deadener and under the carpet. IMO with a smaller car like an A-body I'd rather have the tunnel be as small as possible, even if that means it's not as perfectly symmetrical or aesthetically pleasing as a one piece formed tunnel.
img_5915-jpeg.jpg

img_5978-jpeg.jpg

img_5987-jpeg.jpg

I did make a couple of new panels to transition from the modified tunnel back to the hump for the driveshaft. And I made the removable top panel to make install/removal/shifter access possible.
img_5994-jpeg.jpg

img_6007-jpeg.jpg

:steering: :thumbsup:
Maybe i missed it, but a NOS crate viper motor?? Wheres the drool emoji lol
Dealerships would mistakenly order an entire crate engine in 1996 due to the part number being 1 digit different than the viper red touch up paint haha

Nice! Did you get it from a dealership? For the cost of paint? :rolleyes:
Dang that's a costly mistake lol
Dealerships would mistakenly order an entire crate engine in 1996 due to the part number being 1 digit different than the viper red touch up paint haha

That's just insane. I guess someone of low intelligence figured that the price of touch-up paint increased.

-
Back