opinion on 2015 -200

-
Yea if you decide to get a 200 by all means buy a used one. You can get 15s and 16s for MUCH cheaper than a brand new one. That was what we were gonna do but when we went to test drive one at the dealer we got sucked into the options and ended up buying a new loaded 200c

Buy a 1969 Dodge Polara. They come with anything from a 318 to a 440 and 4 doors and a trunk you could put a Honda Civic in. Easy to fix. And if you run into anything no one will notice. And since you can buy them for $2500 you will get your money back when you go to sell it.

Buy a 1969 Dodge Polara. They come with anything from a 318 to a 440 and 4 doors and a trunk you could put a Honda Civic in. Easy to fix. And if you run into anything no one will notice. And since you can buy them for $2500 you will get your money back when you go to sell it.

That's a great idea! Don't think the wife would go for that. She likes a FWD car not rear. It's been years since she has driven a RWD car on a regular basis.

I work at a dealer. I agree with the other folks who said buy a used one. They drop like a rock in the first year. Buy a used one and buy a warranty. Personally I wouldn't own one. I've driven one as a demo and they suck.

I work at a dealer. I agree with the other folks who said buy a used one. They drop like a rock in the first year. Buy a used one and buy a warranty. Personally I wouldn't own one. I've driven one as a demo and they suck.
Means you see this stuff daily, and driven many, what would you recommend for something only 2-3 years old?

If you want to stick with a Chrysler product then I would stay with a 200. While their value drops like a rock the first year, it will hold its value a little better than the Avenger. I would also go with the V6. Chrysler's 4 cylinder is old, tired, slow and noisy as hell. I've been in this business for 20 years and have never purchased a "new" vehicle for personal use. I always look for a used demo, rental, or corporate car and purchase a Chrysler Service Contract so it's just like buying a new car. I would also look for a "Certified" car from a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealer as it make the extended warranty less-expensive. The beauty of a factory service contract is you never need to worry about coverage. The extended warranty is attached to the vin of the car so you can pull into any Chrysler dealer and get warranty service. You don't need to get approvals or spend hours on the phone.

If I were going to buy a Ford it would probably be a Fusion. The Focus seems a bit small.
I like the fusions, test drove one this summer after my 300 died. It was nice, but the driver enthusiast got a beemer instead.

I will say though, if you decide on a Focus better hope you never hit anything or get hit. I've never seen a Focus survive any kind of wreck, even mild ones. Lady totaled her focus and all she did was crack the plastic in my rear bumper grand prix. I was shocked at the damage done by a tiny fender bender.

If you want to stick with a Chrysler product then I would stay with a 200. While their value drops like a rock the first year, it will hold its value a little better than the Avenger. I would also go with the V6. Chrysler's 4 cylinder is old, tired, slow and noisy as hell. I've been in this business for 20 years and have never purchased a "new" vehicle for personal use. I always look for a used demo, rental, or corporate car and purchase a Chrysler Service Contract so it's just like buying a new car. I would also look for a "Certified" car from a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealer as it make the extended warranty less-expensive. The beauty of a factory service contract is you never need to worry about coverage. The extended warranty is attached to the vin of the car so you can pull into any Chrysler dealer and get warranty service. You don't need to get approvals or spend hours on the phone.
Thanks. I've personally never bought a new car. My Dad bought a new Dakota in '94. He owned it 13 years and it was a great little truck for him, V6 5-speed.
Outside of the Challengers, not much out there in the car world that excites me much from Dodge. I was thinking the 3.6 in a 200/avenger would be a fun car with good gas mileage also.
I was also looking at the 2016 grand Caravans. 3.6 V6 for 20k brand new. Seems like a lot of vehicle for the price.

Thanks. I've personally never bought a new car. My Dad bought a new Dakota in '94. He owned it 13 years and it was a great little truck for him, V6 5-speed.
Outside of the Challengers, not much out there in the car world that excites me much from Dodge. I was thinking the 3.6 in a 200/avenger would be a fun car with good gas mileage also.
I was also looking at the 2016 grand Caravans. 3.6 V6 for 20k brand new. Seems like a lot of vehicle for the price.

I've had Chrysler Minivans since they came out and all have served me well. I have a 2015 Town & Country with every option available. We took my daughter, her husband, two grandchildren to Niagra falls in August and managed to squeak out a whopping 38mpg on the way home. Over all we averaged around 33mpg for the trip. Not bad for a fully loaded van. Being 70 years old, minivans are very comfortable and easy to get in and out of. Obviously, I'm a big fan. If you can get over the minivan stigma, a 2016 for $20K is a really good deal. Since the Pacifica has come out, used minivan prices have fallen making them a "buyers market" with a very good value.

I've had Chrysler Minivans since they came out and all have served me well. I have a 2015 Town & Country with every option available. We took my daughter, her husband, two grandchildren to Niagra falls in August and managed to squeak out a whopping 38mpg on the way home. Over all we averaged around 33mpg for the trip. Not bad for a fully loaded van. Being 70 years old, minivans are very comfortable and easy to get in and out of. Obviously, I'm a big fan. If you can get over the minivan stigma, a 2016 for $20K is a really good deal. Since the Pacifica has come out, used minivan prices have fallen making them a "buyers market" with a very good value.
That's some awesome mileage! I have an '03 Caravan with 197,*** miles and runs perfect. And my brother's '02 caravan is pushing 250,*** and runs perfect. His only a water pump so far, and mine nothing. Both are 3.3

I rented one of the 200s a year or so back, hands down the worst car I've ever rented. The car wanted to go anywhere but straight.

My niece has one and loves it. Has had no problems to speak of.

The original 2.4L Stratus' would lay rubber when you jumped on them, and blow away the 3.0V-6, and the competition's V-6's at the time, we had a cust. go from his ponch GP
to one that proclaimed as much. And just like the V-10 trucks, they got reprogrammed/detuned soon after, all to prevent warranty claims. I often wonder if they release an eng.
performing the way it should to build a reputation, then neuter them w/reprogr. now that it's easy on purpose. BTW, I just checked out a used 200 trade-in,32K 3.6L . Power was
under-whelming,(a 3.6L malibu would kill it), and the 3.6L is hemorrhaging oil from the oil manny where the filter housing is mounted.....along w/a stack cooler piggy backed.
Check Jeep and mini-van forums, some are o-ring leaks,some damaged by lube apes, some required replacement of defective parts.......get the warranty.

I'm still looking. Have driven a 4cyl Honda and it was OK. I also drove 2 2015 200's with 4 cyl in them. Power was OK , not as nice as the Honda but close. I then drove a 200-C with the 6 cyl in it. Chrysler should make it the standard engine! The car drove real nice. Plenty of power and rides great. If I buy a 200 it will have to be a 6 cyl version. We also drove a Chevy Malibu and were surprised. It has a 2.5l 4 cyl and actually was a nice driving car.

Finally made a purchase. It's a 2015 200-C AWD. It has less than 5000 miles and is fully optioned. Only lost 7 months of the original factory warranty so it will be covered if something does fail. Price was great as it was on 43 % of original sticker, yes that's 57% off. I hope I made the right decision!

Wishing now that we had gotten a C AWD, too. Oh well, still a nice car, just regret not getting some of the options we could have.

Wishing now that we had gotten a C AWD, too. Oh well, still a nice car, just regret not getting some of the options we could have.
Ha! I'm wishing we would've gotten a little fewer options. Like no sunroof, never use it anyway

If it's red with white interior!

Sorry, no. My wife wanted a red one, but we weren't willing to pay the extra for the dealership to bring it in. Just Billet Silver w/ a black interior. Fits my style (low key), but not her's (life of the party).

Sorry, no. My wife wanted a red one, but we weren't willing to pay the extra for the dealership to bring it in. Just Billet Silver w/ a black interior. Fits my style (low key), but not her's (life of the party).
We were gonna get a red with black interior til we saw pics of the white interior.... then we got sucked in to the options and spent bout twice as much as I wanted to

This one had to have black interior. I keep cars too long and a white interior would look like crap in 10 years. I got a Crystal Blue Pearlcoat exterior which wasn't exactly our first pick. Would have preferred a Vivid Blue one instead. I was surprised how quick the AWD v6 combo is. I'm also getting used to the heated seats & wheel!

-
Back