opinion on car to purchase

-

74360duster

JEREMY
Reaction score
i have the opportunity to buy a 74 dart sport. it has bucket seat interior.good shape, needs carpet. all wiring harnesses have been removed but does have new harness with the car. it has a overhauled 360 w/purple shaft cam and a 4 speed. car is yellow with black stripes. motor has not been fired since installed. still needs the wiring fixed. i can get the car for $3000 maybe a little less. what do you all think. is it a ok deal. said the car only has surface rust. no rot to fix. i have not been to look at it yet. he is supposed to get me some pictures on saturday or sunday. the car is about 3 hrs from home so i am going to look at some pictures to see if the car is worth getting or not..

price and condition aside, is this what you want?.....dart,cuda early-a

that sounds like a decent deal. the wiring could be a big hassel tho so point that out to him and see if you can get what you feel is a good price

Well, you better be savvy in electrical. i would use that to your advantage to work him over on the price. knowing you would have to rewire it anyways later. make sure that there are no liens or back reg. due as well. you didn't mention the paint???? 2000 is what i'd offer. who else will take that project on.....?

Go over there and pick that thing apart , then offer him $1500 for it. Tell him you really dont have the $10000 to fix it right but you would give him $1500 and take a hosin if it turned out that way. Just some of my tactics that i'll let you use. Good luck. Just remember, as a buyer, you can always come up but very hard to come down.
Small Block

Good deal, I paid 3500 for a Duster that they said wouldn't run very well. Well all it needed was an adjustment and a shot of carb cleaner, so I'd go lower, course my car was rust free and solid on a car lot lol. I got it down from 6000 so barter and flash da cash!

-
Back