Opinion on electric Rotary Shaver needed -

-

guzzimike

Reaction score
OK, my long suffering electric shaver finally died afer many years of service and it's time for a new one.

Anyone here recommend a good Rotary Head Electric shaver..?

Preferably costing under $120.00 -

Thanx

PS: I've been looking at this Norelco 7810, but welcome other suggestions..

41o%2BmdBZ5ZL._AA300_PIbundle-1,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20.jpg

I've asked Santa for one of those. I have owned the same Norelco triple header for 20+ years and I have replaced the heads a couple times but it still works great.

I used them for years and years (since the late 60's, in fact), Norelco and Braun are about the best on the market. when my last one bit the dust about a year ago I finally went back to using a razor.

Thanx, guys...

Normally I use a razor, but every once in a while I like using an electric...

The Norelco looks like the ticket..8)

--

Like you here, I've used Norelco for years and now Norelco has been taken over by Philips and believe me the quality isn't like it was, so I grew a beard in protest :)

I hate them all. They are all ripoffs because none of the blades stay sharp for very long at all. The blades are very expensive. I said to hell with that a long time ago and I just buy the cheapest disposable razors I can find.

I hate them all. They are all ripoffs because none of the blades stay sharp for very long at all. The blades are very expensive. I said to hell with that a long time ago and I just buy the cheapest disposable razors I can find.

x2 but don't buy the reeeeallly cheap orange disposable razors, they don't work:angry7:

x2 but don't buy the reeeeallly cheap orange disposable razors, they don't work:angry7:

Yeah, I mostly use disposeable razors too...but once in a while I like to use the electric shaver.

--

I have a Braun. It's not a rotary but I like it a lot. Every razor I had before (Norelco, Remington, and another I can't remember the name of) needed the cutters and screens changed at least twice a year at $20 a pop and after 4-5 yrs. the battery was shot. My Braun is 8 yrs. old now and just on it's 2nd set of blades/screens and still has it's original battery that holds good enough charge to shave 7 times. I looked at them recently as I was passing by them in Wal-Mart to see what they cost now and see the one similar to mine is about $140. That's a little higher than what you said but not much but it comes with a cleaning station. I highly recommend a Braun and will never ever buy anything else again.

I had a braun that lasted for about 6 years and worked great. Bought a Remington and its a POS. Braun is the foil type and thats what I will be getting next.

I've got 2 Norelco rechargables right now. The one I use everyday is awsome. It was around $100, I don't know the model#, but it has the "wash with water" option I never use. I use it 7 days a week, and the charge lasts about 3 months - no joke! The other one was around $250 (gift from wife), and it sucks. It is the kind where the three rotary heads are kind of on a stalk instead of being made into the handle, looks cool, but doesn't shave worth a crap!

One thing I learned was that the blades and the screens wear against each other as you use it, like a brake pad, or clutchplate and they kind of sharpen each other. This is important when you clean it. If you don't put the matched blade with the screen it has worn aganst, it will NOT cut well, it'll yank, pull, or just not grab. Also, this is why some razors don't work well right out of the box.

If I am going out with the wife, or have a really important meeting, I'll still shave with a blade, it's closer and lasts longer before my chin turns into 80 grit, but for every-day-going-to-work an electric just saves sooo much time.

I've got 2 Norelco rechargables right now. The one I use everyday is awsome. It was around $100, I don't know the model#, but it has the "wash with water" option I never use. I use it 7 days a week, and the charge lasts about 3 months - no joke! The other one was around $250 (gift from wife), and it sucks. It is the kind where the three rotary heads are kind of on a stalk instead of being made into the handle, looks cool, but doesn't shave worth a crap!

One thing I learned was that the blades and the screens wear against each other as you use it, like a brake pad, or clutchplate and they kind of sharpen each other. This is important when you clean it. If you don't put the matched blade with the screen it has worn aganst, it will NOT cut well, it'll yank, pull, or just not grab. Also, this is why some razors don't work well right out of the box.

If I am going out with the wife, or have a really important meeting, I'll still shave with a blade, it's closer and lasts longer before my chin turns into 80 grit, but for every-day-going-to-work an electric just saves sooo much time.

Thank you for that..

The one I was looking at is the "wash with water" model, and it's about $90.00 -

Good to know about those "Stalk type" razors...That was the first type I was looking at. Cross them OFF the list..

Agreed that the electrics save time...8)

--

Braun all the way. Mine is 6 years old and still sharp! I got tired of replacing the heads on my Norelco's and getting my face ripped on broken screened Remingtons.

I said screw it in 1980 when I got out of the Air Force, only trim my beard around the edges once in a while and a blade works fine for that....

-
Back