OPINIONS: 67 Cuda Interior

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
OK guys.........

I'm about a week away from my road trip with the 67 Notchback from the Mohawk Valley in NY to Central Florida.

My mind has been a buzzin' with ideas for the detailing of the car when I get it home, and I'm startin' with the interior carpet and paint.

If you're familiar with the interior of a 67, you know the door tops are painted inside, usually a contrasting shade to go with the carpet. My door tops are gold, the carpet was a dark gold (more like brown), and the lower dash was a flat look deep brown as well. The seats, headliner and door panels are all white.

What I'm thinking is 'dis here:

Install new 80/20 loop in that nice "Burnt Orange" that I used in my 72 Demon. LOVED that color. Then paint the door tops with a slightly brighter than Mopar "Sunset Orange" (it's a burnt orange like the RR's, but a little bit brighter and with some pearl in the mix), and the brown parts of the dash to match (or a bit darker). Finish off with real wood veneers on the upper part of the door panels, and the Rallye dash inserts.

I was thinking that that burnt orange carpet and accents would look really sharp with the white interior, and erase all semblance of "drab" from the car.

I don't want it to be gawdy, but want it to be warm, unique, and a show stopper inside.

What say ye guys? Do you think the nice burnt orange carpet and accents will go nice with a white interior? (by the way, the car is an "off-white" stock color, so it won't clash).

OPINIONS Please ! (below is a pic of the current interior for reference...I'm eliminating the console and installing a Hurst floor shift). See the dash?....That's a tough one.....If I replace the gold door tops with burnt orange, what color would balance that brown dash??

I'd like to hear from some of you Mopar art-eeests out there! :read2:

100_0076.jpg

104_0480.jpg

This is why I wish I had and knew how to use photoshop pro.I think your lucky you have white interior,makes it more flexible for a variety of colors.The orange colors sound nice if your looking to brighten it up.I think it will make it look...."fresher" if that's the word.You don't want to see mine from the sounds of your thinking.It looks pretty damn nice the way it is.8)

I absolutely love it the way it is. To me it looks classy. Not to say you're ideas wouldn't look good...sounds like you have a clear vision. I'm a big help, aren't I? Photoshop, anyone?

-
Back