Opinions: CenterLine vs Weld vs American

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey all -
I'm trying to decide between Centerline (Telstar or new Modstar), Weld (ProStar), American (TorqLite). All basically the same design, but I'm looking for your opinions of the different brands, construction, weight, and strength. The Centerlines and Welds are both forged. The Americans don't say on their website so may be castings. I prefer forged for the strength.
What are your opinions?:burnout:

I got Welds on the Duster. Very good construction and lite
weight. I like em!

000_0072.jpg

I have Centerline Auto Drag III's , Look Sweet. But, Pound for pound, $ for $ the Drag Lites, would be a better buy. Saving say at least 50lbs.

If I hadn't run across such a sweet deal on my centerlines, I would have bought Pro Stars. So I guess you know what my response will be.

FWIW, Summit and Jegs are selling a wheel under there house brand that looks a lot like the Telstar and Prostar. Depending on size they are a little under to a little over $100 each.

FWIW, Summit and Jegs are selling a wheel under there house brand that looks a lot like the Telstar and Prostar. Depending on size they are a little under to a little over $100 each.

But not in the small bolt pattern. :crybaby:

:burnout:

I know but I don't believe any of the wheels that were being asked about are available in small bolt pattern either. ;)

I know, but I've beem looking at Center Line Auto Drags & Convo Pros in the SBP & no matter what size I get, they're going to cost about $250 each.

Go to www.centerlinewheels.com and you can buy their new ModStar wheels in SBP 15x6 w/5"BS at $159 each. Click on 'purchase overstock wheels...' then choose your bolt pattern to see what's available.

-
Back