opinions/criticism wanted

-
are you going to use the cellophane on the door? if so i don't think it wil hold up very well. you could take the fish cut out that you did and have a piece of red colored plexaglass cut out and mount it to the inside of the door panel so the light could shine through. this would be alot more sturdy. the only other thing would be to see just how big of a piece you need, and then get a rear brake light from a truck or van ( thinking ford ) and mount it. it would be more reflective that way as well.

The easiest best way will have to be the way factory would do it.
Get a rectangular light fixture (something like a corner lamp from a Lincoln). Something with a chrome frame. Recess the entire fixture into the door , killing panel and vynil around it. Then do what ever you wish to the lens. Black out all but the fish, simply attach a factory chrome fish on top the lens. Atleast you'll have a real light fixture and a way to access the bulb. The "oh chit" factor will be in rolling window down hits the fixture.

Betty, I'm a little late getting to this awesome post (was traveling for work) Love the clean classy look. and with the fish there ....almost looks like it could have been that way from the factory. as for back lighting, there are about as many ways as members here :) but I agree with redfish about using a fixture from something already out there.. junk yards are great for ideas and picking up parts to chop up to do what you want them to.
again, great thread. can't wait to see it!!!!

-
Back