opinions needed

-

spstacman

Reaction score
here is the build i was thinking after listing to advise given here to replace my 273

a 360 with stock style .30 over pistons, comp 268 cam kit,timing chain tensioner ,windage tray, balanced, stock magnum head,air gap manifold,holley 750 carb , and tti headers

opinions

sounds reasonable,few points between these two engine. if you want to use those magnum heads,on your LA motor you must use different lifters,rocker arms,valves,springs,retainers,keepers,valve seals, hollow pushrods,and you must purchase also new valve covers on them. LA covers does not fit. Intake manifold mounting is different,so you must(should) use magnum intake or use LA replacement heads P5007950 (mounting problem is already solved in these heads but thats not wise use them if you already have those magnum heads).
If you don't have them yet (magnum heads), maybe it's easier/cheaper buy a new set of edelbrock LA aluminum heads or mopar P5153849 heads,or commando aluminum heads.
That camshaft is good if CR is 8,5-9,5to1. Carb is big enough,maybe too..... intake manifold is good and tti headers are great:cheers: balancing should to do.
I think that engine will be good cruising engine with those parts.:thumrigh:

Magnum heads are great...but not worth the hassle. Pick up a nice set of rebuilt LA heads on the board here or elsewhere in cyberspace....or some from Aerohead (Indy)....for your build, they'd be just fine!

Personally I've run a 750 Eddy carb on a 340 and it ran fine, but never held a candle to my 650 Holley DP! They are cheap, and IMO way better on a healthy 360...

Air-Gap and TTI's are nice, but again, with your build a nice cleaned up Eddy Performer intake and some other (cheaper) headers would do you just fine too. But, if you want these two things, more power to you...they are nice pieces.

-
Back