Opinions needed

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
What is the thought for an Eddy streetmaster 318 intake for my 273 build. I have concerns that is a single plane but I have found one. I am searching for the stock commando or an Eddy LD4 but they both are very hard to find. Will I hurt myself with the streetmaster 318 intake?
TIA, Rat:prayer:

............Its actually pretty decent 4 a single plane....it is a low rpm intake.............kim..........p/m sent.........

The 273 Commando intake was single plane, was it not? Also, Chrysler used single planes on all kinda stuff. So no it won't hurt a thing.

Yeah, port match it and run it. It'll be as good or better than the stock 4bbl. manifold.

Well I am bummed. I have missed out on two Eddy LD4B intake manifolds in the last 24 hours. One in Canada and one in Oklahoma. The up side is that I am getting pretty good at searching. Sooner or later I will SCORE! That is the manifold I am holding our for.
Rat

I thought the 273 version was the D4B?

Another member recommended the LD4 intake. I have talked on the phone to a couple people who have recommended it highly as a small port intake good for a 273 build but I am unsure about the bolt pattern change between the 65 and 67 intakes. I know the early one takes 5/16" bolts and the one I need takes 3/8 bolts on a different angle. With my luck I will buy the early one and not be able to use it. I do have time to look tho as my current problem is getting my hood straight enough for color! I will be dealing with that this weekend.
Rat:cheers:

Yeah, port match it and run it. It'll be as good or better than the stock 4bbl. manifold.

Not even close. The stock manifold is much better. I would think a Eddy Performer would work well for what you are trying to do.

Got my new/used Eddy LD4B Fed-Ex today. Headed for beadblast and powercoat, then I will post a photo of it. Christmas came early!:happy1:

-
Back