Opinions on a new dash bezel

-

70SwingerGuy

Reaction score
So Ive been looking at new dash bezels for my 70 Swinger and I've found a couple online and I'm wondering about the quality.
The first is from Classic Industries and runs $830 USD found here https://www.classicindustries.com/product/ma577.html
The second is from B/E Restoration Parts and is quite a bit cheaper at $495 USD found here: Mopar Restoration Parts, B/E & A Restoration, Mike Ross, New New Stock
Has anyone dealt with these companies for a bezel? Cheaper is not always better Ive found
Thanks for any help/opinions :)

At first, I thought the price on the Classic Industries piece was a punch in the face. Looking at the part, I am hard pressed to criticize it. Duplicating something of that detail cannot be easy or cheap.

My money says they are all made by the same CM in China.

The Classic has the wood grain the bea restoration does not seem to have the wood grain

Might be the price difference

Only one of the examples you show is actually for a 1970. The others are for earlier barracuda’s. (No wood grain). Yes if you have to have the chrome bezel with all the proper inlay. You are stuck with a good size bill..!! If not you can do quite a bit of home resto for not a real lot of money. (Unless you need lenses) $$$.. Detroit muscle has the wood inlays and lower black outs for very reasonable money. It’s really just that chrome that is the deal breaker..!! Good luck..!! Swingn’

Thanks for the replies guys. The link to the B/E bezel doesnt go directly to the 70 woodgrain bezel, you need to scroll down and click next to go to the second page and thats where you will find it, I copied/pasted the correct link, but I guess its just the way the webpage is set up. I emailed B/E and Mike responded back saying that there is only one manufacturer for these, so Classic is obviously way overcharging. Unfortunately B/E is out of stock atm.

Here is another option for you, have your OEM faceplate redone. There is a place in Romulus Michigan called Vacuum Orna-Metal that restores the plastic faceplates and they do great work. I had my 68 barracuda faceplate done 4 years ago by them and at that time the price was $565.00 and the job was perfect and it is the original equipment not a re-pop so it fit like it was meant to. Give Frank a call at 1-800-827-6762 toll free or 1-734-941-1127 M-F 8:00am-3:00pm and see what he can do for you and let him know you found out about them on the A Body only site. Take a look, mine was in very bad shape when I sent it to them, the whole process was a little over two months.
Bob

048.JPG

049.JPG

072.JPG

073.JPG

Last edited:
If you click "next" on the Mike Ross web site the wood grain dashes come up. I bought from both CO's they are the same come in the same box from the same place. Mike lowered his prices since I bought my last one. I also had one restored . The wood grain fell off on a hot day in the sun, Took the paint with it

Here is another option for you, have your OEM faceplate redone. There is a place in Romulus Michigan called Vacuum Orna-Metal that restores the plastic faceplates and they do great work. I had my 68 barracuda faceplate done 4 years ago by them and at that time the price was $565.00 and the job was perfect and it is the original equipment not a re-pop so it fit like it was meant to. Give Frank a call at 1-800-827-6762 toll free or 1-734-941-1127 M-F 8:00am-3:00pm and see what he can do for you and let him know you found out about them on the A Body only site. Take a look, mine was in very bad shape when I sent it to them, the whole process was a little over two months.
Bob

View attachment 1716206111

View attachment 1716206112

View attachment 1716206113

View attachment 1716206114
Thanks Bob, wow, that was quite the transformation! Thanks for the info on this, but I have 71+ bezel in my car and want to put a year correct one back in, so I have to buy.

So Ive been looking at new dash bezels for my 70 Swinger and I've found a couple online and I'm wondering about the quality.
The first is from Classic Industries and runs $830 USD found here https://www.classicindustries.com/product/ma577.html
The second is from B/E Restoration Parts and is quite a bit cheaper at $495 USD found here: Mopar Restoration Parts, B/E & A Restoration, Mike Ross, New New Stock
Has anyone dealt with these companies for a bezel? Cheaper is not always better Ive found
Thanks for any help/opinions :)
Here is the one I bought from PG Classics. Complete kit with lenses, bezel, glove box trim and I had the dash pads done by Just dashes.

Assembly was straightforward and everything fit nicely.

Excellent quality.

One thing to keep in mind, the metal attaching plate on the top of the Rallye Gauge Bezel doesn't come with it so you will have to reuse your old one.

Also, keep the red , green and Brake lenses from your old bezel.

The new ones offered are not nearly as clear as the factory ones.

1707751194922.png

Here is the one I bought from PG Classics. Complete kit with lenses, bezel, glove box trim and I had the dash pads done by Just dashes.

Assembly was straightforward and everything fit nicely.

Excellent quality.

One thing to keep in mind, the metal attaching plate on the top of the Rallye Gauge Bezel doesn't come with it so you will have to reuse your old one.

Also, keep the red , green and Brake lenses from your old bezel.

The new ones offered are not nearly as clear as the factory ones.

View attachment 1716206140
That looks fantastic, thank you for the information, I will definitely check it out

I took mine to Vacuum Orna-Metal also. I second everything Bob said in his post. Mine cost a little more because of repairs to it and I had two sets of lenses polished + woodgrain applied. Excellent job. I'll post some pics at later date. Steve is the guy there I dealt with, really helpful guy. They dip them in a caustic solution first so any glue repairs should be done after that.

-
Back