Opinions on shocks...

-

2XDusterGirl

Reaction score
Heard mixed answers so thought I would ask, for a 1974 plymouth duster what shocks would you recommend?

rockauto.com has 8 buck shocks... but probably feel like 8 buck shocks haha

bilsteins are stiffer, fox is expensive, and you can save a lota money by not goin to auto zone and findin stuff online jus my 2 cents

What is the intended use for the car? How much are you willing to spend?

front or back? i have coil overs in the back to fit wider tires, due to raise but makes things bumpy...

shockingly bwahaha :spam1:

on your car? do they rub?

my tires stick about a inch out of the fender, so it has to sit a little high

Sure doesn't look like it but yes they do rub, I don't want to roll the fender lip if I don't have to. As of now my sidewalls on the tires are shredded- good thing they're almost bald.

lol maybe skinier tires or...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Monroe-58620-Sensa-Trac-Adjusting-Absorber/dp/B000C55MQK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_5"]Amazon.com: Monroe 58620 Sensa-Trac Load Adjusting Shock Absorber: Automotive[/ame]

not sure whats on mine all i know is there yellow haha

not saying those exact ones will work would have to check full lenght, and compressed length.. but something like that works and gives it the rake look

Just an opinion from the cheap seats here, but if your tires are shredded you've probably got bigger issues than which shocks to buy. Spend that $200 wisely.

I'm running KYB gasshocks all around on my '73 Swinger. Bought it like that but the PO put everything new under there.
On all my fullsize C-bodies I'm running KYB's in the front and Monroe Sensatracks in the rear.

It all depends on what you expect from a set of shocks and how you want the car the handle. If you're performance minded thoses cheap shocks better left alone of course.

And as said, if you're current tires are ruined, you better spend some money on wheels with the proper backspacing aswell.

First thing is to get the tires to fit inside the fenders/quarter panels. If you hit a bump and cut a tire, you might lose control of the car. As for shocks....Bilstein or Koni if you can afford them, KYB gas if you can't.

-
Back