Opinions on the BEST A BODY...............

-
Whichever one,you like the most.....Some like body lines,some engine sizes,some hot rodder,or whabillazoo full on race cars...The beauty of an Mopar A body ,is: The platform is so versatile,you can do almost anything,every thing with it.... I love the beauty of design,of a 67-69 Notchie Cuda,or a 67-72 Dart \Scamp two door hardtop,.. the raw muscle of a Hemi Dart\'Cuda,or the coolness of an unrestored ,original 73 Dart \Valiant four door.... Sorry for the long trip,..for me ,: It's a wonderful ride....

To MrJLR: Nice car to start with but the color combination and the wheels make that car look absolutely terrific!

20160506_195322.jpg
Don't for get the 2 door dart sedans you just don't see them anymore.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to be critical, but you guys totally forgot to mention how much you like the '60-'62 Toads!

I am sure the oversight must have been purely unintentional.

An old, ugly guy like me wants a car to match!

trim on 4-12-2016.jpg

my 1974 Dart 360 Sport had the 360 hi po engine which was stock with the 850 thermoquad, 340 cam, windage tray, dual exhaust. stock suspension, stock everything-except 245/60-15 rear tires on 8.5" wheels and advanced ignition timing-ran 14.7 at 95 in 1979. with headers and turbo mufflers and rejetted carb and msd ignition-14.6 at 96

my vote? having owned bought every mopar made between '62 and '74, I vote for the unique ness of the toad!! I would love a 62 b body to go with my 62 lancer post car! ( had one yrs back, BUT,,,,,,)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I have always been a 63-66 A-body guy. But I have had a quite a few 67+ cars too. Just depends on the mood.

hey love that sharky grille also , does anyone know about the install . the one i got from rose mopar has different type connection for the turnsignal/running lamps , my car has rubber type , would like to keep the harness untouched if i can , but the sharky grille has a female plastic housing and male spades inside , and the two set up for mounting the lamps to the grilles are different , old grille they screw on , new grille they quarter turn into the socket . is there another lamp socket i can use ? what has anyone else done .
DSC07794.JPG
DSC07795.JPG

Hands down 68 Barracuda or Dart SS Hemi car. Most still own the NHRA records and you have the Factory power and great looks!

hey love that sharky grille also , does anyone know about the install . the one i got from rose mopar has different type connection for the turnsignal/running lamps , my car has rubber type , would like to keep the harness untouched if i can , but the sharky grille has a female plastic housing and male spades inside , and the two set up for mounting the lamps to the grilles are different , old grille they screw on , new grille they quarter turn into the socket . is there another lamp socket i can use ? what has anyone else done . View attachment 1714979455 View attachment 1714979456
Post more pics!! That looks awesome!!!

As far as the marker lights go, my 72 with a sharktooth grill has the 1/4 turn sockets but they're just pigtails the plug into the main harness, you should just be able to unplug your standard pigtails and plug in the sharktooth pigtails and be good

yes , thats what is supplied by mopar as the replacement , with more install kit . does your lamps fit as those on my new grille , if so what type connectors are on yours ?

wow ...what company in their right mind lists 71 and 2 as the same pig tail ...they are different.

what you have new in the bag is a 72 style plug and it looks like your car is a 70/1

you need 71 style plug pig tails.

70/1 had a separate ground tab that went on the radiator support...72 integrated it into the plug.

and yes thats what mopar is selling for a new replacement , paint on it is so thin you can see through it and it was not cheap for it nor the headlite bezels . so 72 lamp connectors quart turn screw in to the grille as this new one , but what wiring connector does it use ? same as what i got new or like the my harness in my car , car is a 71 .

DSC00370.JPG

yes , thats what is supplied by mopar as the replacement , with more install kit . does your lamps fit as those on my new grille , if so what type connectors are on yours ?
Your new pig tail would fit my 72 harness. Apparently as rainy stated, 71 and 72 has 2 different style connectors

I was gonna say a 1968 Barracuda Formula S fastback- 340 4 speed- then the thought of a 68 Hemi Car... one for street and one for track

I have two favorites. 68 fastback, and 71 Demon. I wouldn't turn up my nose at a 59 stepside d100 :)

-
Back