opinions wanted

-

37fleetwood

Reaction score
I guess this is kinda too late to ask but, is this too aggressive looking for my mild mannered 318 Dart??
I went and had a set of 4 235/60/14" Uniroyals put on today. man are they bigger than the 185/70/14"s I had on there!
P1020415.jpg

P1020416.jpg

wondering why I put them on black steelies? well, back in the day I was the only one with Rally's on an early A-body but now they're everywhere so always trying to be a bit different, I decided to move to a set of '66 Charger hubcaps for a change. let me know what you think of the caps too.
before:
IMG_0276X.jpg

After:
P1020417.jpg

The tires look good to me, it is a big change so probably you just need a little time to get used to the look. The Charger hubcaps are cool but to me they don't look right on a Dart. Rallyes on early-a's look great on some but just ok on others IMO. There's a member here who has steelies on his Dart with just center caps and chrome lugnuts which is looks good to me and it's something different. Nice GT no matter what you decide.

No I don't think it's too agressive as long as they fit and don't rub and I like the period look of the " spinner" hub caps.

thanks for the input, I just about doubled the amount of rubber on the ground and it doesn't look like the cute little Dart anymore. I guess that's to be expected with the slant to V-8 transplant. I just wanted to make sure I had things handled for when I get the 3.91 posi installed. all pretenses will go by the wayside then huh?
I was kinda wanting a mild looking Honda killer, it's not looking as mild as I'd hoped. the hubcaps do help a bit though I think. I'm kinda liking them the more I look at the photo. not exactly stock but not exactly hotrod either.

i think that it looks great, if you're not trying to make it look stock i'd do something to the leaf springs to get it sitting a little higher in the back, not like all cheesy jacked up but just a bit of a rake to it so it looks a little messed with. Just my opinion. You got a cool lookin little car there for sure!

The caps look great,I had rallys on my 66 Dart.14,s up front,15,s out back,now I,m changing to Torque Trust II,s as I,ve done a minitub and spring reloc.Here,s mine with the rallys..front is lowered abit now.

car pics 66 Dart 004.jpg

No I don't think it's too agressive as long as they fit and don't rub and I like the period look of the " spinner" hub caps.

Neat Wheelcovers!

I am using Wheel covers/Hubcaps, on steel wheels,
with 205/70/r14's. :)

DSCN2307Medium.JPG

the charger wheel covers look great--
The new rubber set-up really fills out the wheel wells-- nice ,Lawrence

Lookin' Good !

Check out my hub caps that I made from a Plymouth and changed the center to a aftermarket hub cap installed under the cone of the Plymouth cap.

The tires are 225/60x14 in the past I've run 235/60x14 with no problems.

The wheels are 14x5.5 but were a bit small for the 235's.

279.jpg

I think it looks cool. I love it when guys put period correct factory wheels/hub caps on their a bodies especially when they are from other models. I'll be puting magnum 500's on my 66 Cuda when its done, and now I know what size tire I can run.

until I get the dropout done, I'm running stock formula S wheels on the back, they're 14"x5.5". I measured them laying flat on the ground and there's about 3.75" from the ground to the back of the flange, they're basically the same as rallies.
here's a photo (sorry the angle isn't better):
P1020428.jpg

here's the clearance on the outer side:
P1020431.jpg

here's the clearance on the inner side:
P1020429.jpg

I prefer the first pic with steelies and no hubcaps, but it's your car so do what you like with it... the tires look nice on that car.

I think it looks really cool with the hub caps, I never would have thought of putting those on a Dart but they are sweet looking!! The tire size looks perfect, and the stance looks cool to me also.

Mine sits about like yours does and I'm going to drop the front a little if I can.

-
Back