Opinions?

-

scamper340

Reaction score
I'm going to be re-doing the interior on the Scamp and am looking for some feedback. I'm having the inner doors painted in the same color as the body, F6 green and the dash in black. I'll be replacing the 2 tone green '71 Duster seat covers(buckets) that were in it and I've had a decent black dash pad laying around for awhile. I'm thinking of having white door panels, white seats, and black carpet, headliner, and package tray. I was thinking the green accent in the interior would add a little interest and some color to the interior. Good move or bad? Or should I just say to hell with it and go all black, or the pewter and black seat covers and all else black? So many combinations, my head hurts now... :-| Anyhoo, anyone have any other ideas?

The green, white, and black may be too "busy" for the chosen colors. I'd either go with all white, black, or all green. Even at that, the white & green may be a little vibrant.

A black interior may be your best bet with the green exterior.

FASTBACK340 said:
The green, white, and black may be too "busy" for the chosen colors. I'd either go with all white, black, or all green. Even at that, the white & green may be a little vibrant.

A black interior may be your best bet with the green exterior.
I agree With FASTBACK340!All Black or all white.:burnout:

I agree with the other 2 posts. I think it will be to busy.
My 71 will be med to dark grey, black hood, dash and carpet and everything else white.

How about taking some good interior shots and asking someone to photoshop them the colors you want. You may love it regardless of what we say.

I like the two-tone charcoal/pewter and black combos myself. But both of mine are all black, I like that too. :D

I would agree with the other guys that you should not paint the doors green. The black and white will look great. I had a '70 Buick GS that had this same basic combo. The door panels, seats and headliner were white and the dash, carpet and package tray were black from the factory. I really like this combo and am going to do the same thing to my '72 Scamp. I would paint the inside of the doors black.

Chuck

Maybe you could pull a liitle of the green into a stripe onto the dash, or some accent that would make it stand out. I've been thinking about the very same thing for my Duster which is a V2 code orange... maybe some piping on the seat covers? I don't know, but wasn't Mopar known for being "too busy" with their paint schemes. I say if you csn envision it and you like it, go for it. You can always get a black rattle can and make it black. My.02

I decided on my car that the best thing to do is just put it back the way it came. It keeps me from spending to much time deciding what to do and gives me more time in the garage.

I am a big fan of green ext. green int. mix and match interiors don't work that well with me. Adam R is right, but it's your car, just go with your gut feeling.... it's always right!

-
Back