Opinions...

-
Overpriced! But, whatcha gonna do. I know it's alot of work, but that unit didn't really seem to need it. I know mine will and the price would be closer to OK than that one.

15k and no primer???? what if its dead winter or pouring rain and the transporter gets stuck somewhere??? sorry, but starting at 15k sounds like a roger gibson or john balow $$. out of my league.

"Convertibles, roof replacement, frame damage or special circumstances (wing cars, fire damage etc.) may cost extra"

What if your car is pretty rust free ? Sounds a bit over priced to me. I know its a lot of work but not $15000 for the unibody only.

Yikes. Well on a rare Mopar piece I can see that as being somewhat reasonable. Quality would be a biggy though.

I don't believe it is very realistic to offer a service like this (for that kind of money) and market it as "one size fits all."

ha haha hahahaahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

15,000 for just metal work and no primer?!?!?!?! Hell no! Maybe if I was building a trophy queen that would never see the street and I was so rich I pissed gold.

I also like their $1500 front suspension rebuild.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopa...ryZ34200QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Re: the front suspension rebuild. Again, a little pricey but after looking at the options and seeing nothing listed for the stiffening/boxing of the k-member, I begin to wonder. I am a stickler about this when being used in a modified car.

man that seems like way to much money for an a body it would maybe a hemi car or big block b or e body but that is a lot of money to fix an a body there is no way i could afford that for any of my cars. Justin

i was planning on buying,restifying,and selling darts,dusters,other a bodies from$14kto $30k,complete,ready to drive home,show,etc.These guys are not far from me at all,and i know they cant be better than me.ive done turn key cars for $21k,that were rough starting points,and took me 6 months from start to finish.i guess i would really be cutting my own throat compared to the prices those guys are charging

ha haha hahahaahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

15,000 for just metal work and no primer?!?!?!?! Hell no! Maybe if I was building a trophy queen that would never see the street and I was so rich I pissed gold.

I also like their $1500 front suspension rebuild.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopa...ryZ34200QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

fyi... book time for front suspension rebuilds are 10 hours of labor. at my rate of $85/hr, that's $850 in labor. the rest in parts can add up depending on parts. when you add up all the parts, including upgrading t-bars(if new @ $299), its not that outrageous. and they add powdercoating. but this also does not include r&r IN THE CAR, alignment. my jobs end up between 1200-1500 for a complete rebuild with an alignment(which is about $100).

their price does not include shipping these items. i bet to and from them from the west coast it would be about $150-$250.

Wow... talk about food for thought! I myself think it's WAAAAY overpriced,but.....

MAYBE: If your building an original Hemi Dart or Barracuda...... considering the value of the finished car, that's the only A body I see worth that level. The exception being if you have a really low production example, such as a 383 / 4 spd. Barracuda / Dart ragtop. If you have a really rough, but rare example of a B or E body (Hemi, multi-carb, wing car, A12...) this *might* be a viable option.

Don't forget, most shops will run like hell before getting involved with a "body in white" project like this. I agree, with most shop labor rates near a C note (my shop is $99 per hour...) it adds up fast. And naturally, once your in for the "basic" service, it makes sense to step up with a few of the "options".

Plus hype.... that sells big-time. Don't forget, the guys that DO piss gold are quick to be "me-too" guys and will spend. That's what's killing the hobby for the average guy.

What is killing the hobby is the outrageous amount of wealth that has been created over the last decade by baby-boomers who are now trying to relive their youth by tapping into their retirement fund before it's too late. Or better yet their reject children's college fund. We younger guys are seriously getting the shaft.

On an A-body forget it. I can take a hulk down to the soda blaster and have everything done in a day for $1000-1500. The metal work is another story. Seriously that is a lot of dough.

Craziness

Us Car Tool is very reputable, in perspective if you have a rare, valuable Mopar, that is a total rustbucket, its actually a good price. That basically works out to be less than 200 man hours of labor. Have you priced the cost of having a quarter replaced? Try about $1200. Add in a ton of rust repair, then the cost of a lot of replacement metal, then $15K aint bad.

Is it worth it for a 73 318 Dart, no, but what if you have a 67 383 4spd Dart that was tuned by Mr. Norm? Might be. You also have to remember that any restoration you farm out will cost three times as much as doing it yourself, labor kills you. I think if you have a 70 440-6 Cuda, then $15K is a deal.

Its obviously a matter of perspective, since I could never afford to pay for it, I would have to do it myself.

What is killing the hobby is the outrageous amount of wealth that has been created over the last decade by baby-boomers who are now trying to relive their youth by tapping into their retirement fund before it's too late. Or better yet their reject children's college fund. We younger guys are seriously getting the shaft.

Dont worry, Once all you baby boomers have passed on Is gen Xers will enjoy cheap muscle cars again for a few reasons. Once being most could care less about an old American piece of crap and the rest dont have pot to piss in, LOL

That should be just in time for my children to move out ! :salute:

-
Back