Oranges To Try

-

bobscuda67

Reaction score
Just a heads up about the Sumo Citrus mandarin oranges. If you've never had one now's the time to try some. They have a short season January thru March I thing it was.
There not cheap by no means as there about $2.00 a piece. But probably the best orange you'll ever taste in you life.

Weird how certain fruits have a specific short window of time each year. I like peaches, available from all over from the late spring on, but it seems like late August is the best time to get them here.

Best I ever had was in Aug. in Georgia. Little redneck stand (No offense), guy was a GA. bulldog fan and I had an Auburn AL. sticker on my NY plated car, so he busted my chops. Had a lot of laughs with him and his boys about the "dawgs". We beat GA. that year and I wanted to stop on the way back north, but I forgot where he was. :rolleyes:

A 'Minneola' tangelo is a very close relative of the Sumo and lesser priced. They also have a short season peaking in January. Full of juice and easy to peel.
Give 'em a try if you can find them.

If you should run across them this time of year, they are in season right now. Cara-Cara are very tasty. 5 lbs bag = single serving container :lol: red like Blood Orange and seedless

I bought some naval oranges and I'm not even in the Navy.... :D
No way I would never eat those
I mean, I'm pretty big on personal hygiene but I've seen what comes out of my lint trap
Whoever decided to grow oranges I'm hos navel is nasty

A 'Minneola' tangelo is a very close relative of the Sumo and lesser priced. They also have a short season peaking in January. Full of juice and easy to peel.
Give 'em a try if you can find them.
I'll have to see if I can find those to try. Thanks!

Sumos at our local SoCal "Sprouts" grocery are $2.99/pound.
Didn't see any Minneolas when I stopped yesterday.

-
Back