Ordered a new Challenger today.

-
thanks much!
I am thinking of a black stripe, but once it is on there is no going back.I would want one that copies the original 71' type. The Interior is white/black, which is what I wanted. I have to admit the backup camera does help a lot, especially with my dog running around while I am leaving to go somewhere,and the damn turkeys!

Do the stripe in vinyl. Then you can take it off if you want.

I didn't know they could be removed? Should I put a hood decal like the 71'? That did a nice job on the original.

I will let you decide what to put on your car, but yes, a quality vinyl stripe is reasonably easy to remove, normally with something as simple as a hairdryer.

wait wait wait
(looking at your receipt here)

they charged you $20.00 for "8 gallons of additional fuel" and then hit you with $1030.00 gas guzzler tax?
that seems fishy

Glad to hear you upgraded to the Scat Pack. I didn't want to say anything earlier when I thought you were locked in on the R/T, but it was only like $300(?) more for a base SP over the R/T you had spec'ed. In my mind, that plus losing the sound package and leather/heated/cooled seats is completely worth getting the 6.4, but that's just my opinion.

Not that it matters, but you spec'ed almost exactly the car I want, white/black, SP, 6M. If I got one, I would even delete the badges and leave it as plain as I could. Nice pick!

Glad to hear you upgraded to the Scat Pack. I didn't want to say anything earlier when I thought you were locked in on the R/T, but it was only like $300(?) more for a base SP over the R/T you had spec'ed. In my mind, that plus losing the sound package and leather/heated/cooled seats is completely worth getting the 6.4, but that's just my opinion.

Not that it matters, but you spec'ed almost exactly the car I want, white/black, SP, 6M. If I got one, I would even delete the badges and leave it as plain as I could. Nice pick!

I did the same math and came to the same opinion.

wait wait wait
(looking at your receipt here)

they charged you $20.00 for "8 gallons of additional fuel" and then hit you with $1030.00 gas guzzler tax?
that seems fishy

The manual Scat Pack is hit with the gas guzzler tax, the 8 speed auto is not. I independently verified this before ordering.

The 8 gallons of additional fuel is also normal on these.

-
Back