ordered the cragar SS

-

grjammer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I made the plunge and ordered my new wheels n tires. 15 inch sbc cragar SS, 8 wide, 6 weeks out. I see horror stories of long wait times. Has anybody received a comparable wheel out of the cragar camp lately?

I ordered a pair of 15x7 and a pair of 15x8 Cragar SS wheels on 4/1/15. Was told it would take 4-6 weeks. I just called today. They are now telling me another 4-6 weeks from today. I already paid a deposit, so all I can do is wait. Schitt.

Well you guys are a couple of Debbie downers. Just ordered mine 4/27. Guess it'll be a while.

Did you order them through newstalgia? From what information I have gotten this is the rundown.
Cragar re-worked the sbc 15 inch SS mold for the centers. At that time someone modified it to take standard type lug nuts instead of the shank style. I was told it had to be RH only. No prob, my car is all RH. It was then communicated to cragar to go ahead and make them. I have not asked about status as of yet. But I will wait as long as it takes. I will update when I know more.

I contacted newstalgia, summit, and coker. They all said 4 to 6 weeks minimum. I ended up ordering thru Discount Tires because they beat the other prices, and I got a good deal on BFG's mounted and balanced.

I ordered a set of 4 back in Dec, Two arrived in March and two more came last week.

I went thru bs trying to find shank style lugs(0.5875"), I broke one and am having a ***** of a time. But it looks like I found 4 from Excalibur. Anyway thru my trying to find one I found out that apparently Unique makes Cragars now??

havent heard that. You would think someone would make some 5x4 SS and corner the market

I just bought mine from summit 4/19 15 x 4.5 and 15 x 10 with mt drag radials mounted and balanced on the rears arrived to my door 3 days later....

Attachments

• 20150503_185614.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 621
I wish sbp rims were as easy to get, I should convert, but want to keep it original if i can. To convert both front and rear correctly can be pricey as well.

My Cragar's came in today. On my way to get 'em mounted. Thinkin' of selling my steelies (15x8's with 255x60 15 and 14x6 with 185x70 14) with Plymouth dog dish hubcaps. Tires are like new, wheels in great shape. Located in Oregon if anyone is interested. All are SBP 5x4.

Be back later with pics of the new shoes...

Havent heard word on mine yet, ordered only a few weeks after you Leftovers. Are yours BBP or Small? If you say small, I am going to get excited. thanks for info

I ordered mine through jegs and I'm about to order another set for my street tires. My first set I ordered ten years ago so I can't remember how long the wait was but I called them complaining about their lug nuts rusting and they sent a new set free of charge.

Post a pic of your new shoes leftovers, I am also curious if you got wheels that will use shank style lugs. Rh / Lh or both sides Rh..etc.

Mine take the tapered lugs. All RH. Waiting for the weather to clear up here to take pics.

Yes, nice looking car for sure. I have a question for you. What size wheels and tires did you put on there. My car currently has 14x6 SBP Cragars with some older Michellin radials that are fair sized in diameter but narrow in width. I want to go to some 15" Cragars and bigger tires on it. In your pictures the tires look like they have good clearance but it also looks like the rear of the car is raised a little. Just wondering.

Fronts are 15x7 with 235x60, rear are 15x8 with 255x60. The rear isn't raised. I may go to 275 or even 295 on the back end.

-
Back