ORGANOSOL Paint Help

-

classicfan1

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Where do you guys get your Organsol paint? Any companies you recommend? We have a can of it here where I work from a company we bought out but we have no idea where it came from and will have to reorder it sooner or later.

Thanks in advance!

Roger Gibson Restoration lists it in his catalog (supposedly the real deal or equiv). Pretty pricey. The problem with going to your local PPG dealer and asking for DCC-9355 (the current, non-lacquer formula) is it lacks one of the key ingedients - the texture additive. Can't get it. So, you end up with a basic satin black finish which you can achieve with numerous other products.

Roger Gibson Restoration lists it in his catalog (supposedly the real deal or equiv). Pretty pricey. The problem with going to your local PPG dealer and asking for DCC-9355 (the current, non-lacquer formula) is it lacks one of the key ingedients - the texture additive. Can't get it. So, you end up with a basic satin black finish which you can achieve with numerous other products.

That stuff is really good. Frank Baldeson also sells it.

Much much better than the other stuff out there.

I'm in the process of trying to find ppg dx-1999 texture additive right now.. i can get it but i have to buy so much of it , that it makes it unfeasable at this point from a price perspective. If there were a big market i guess i could buy and resell , but im afraid there isnt.

I want to thank all of you for your help, I'll take some notes on these companies and have our plant manager evaluate them.

Thanks again everybody!

-
Back