original 67 dart GT

-

dartnfish

Reaction score
does everything look correct? not sure about the ps mirror? and the hub caps? gas cap? power steering, power brakes, a/c, center console all look factory. i asume its all factory. please comment on anything else in question. I think i got a good buy and a very complete original 67 dart GT.

Attachments

• IMG_0894.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_0902.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_0904.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_0901.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_0900.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_0898.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_0897.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_0896.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_0895.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 658
It took be a good buy but without know what you paid for it, its very hard to say.

Passenger mirror is wrong along with the gas cap. Someone that knows the hubs caps will have to comment. The master cylinder isn't OEM for the car. Otherwise it looks original to me.

NICE little car! P/S, P/B, air AND a V8. Awesome.

paid 3k for it. should i be looking into a correct master cylinder? going to try and get everything in working order before i start taking it apart. needs a booster and i'm not sure where to get a oem style replacement. other than that everything works except the a/c. oh did they not come with ps mirrors? i didn't think they did and gas cap would be body color?

The hubcaps are not original to a GT. The GT had what appeared to be a 5 spoke "Cragar" type design.

I don't know if you'll be able to buff out that lower rear quater. I'm just screwing with you. I like it!

no? but thats funny! i was really just after what the original paint looked like with a gloss finish. can't believe i got it to shine that well. i believe that paint is 45 years old! cant see where it's every been painted unless someone took all the glass and trim off?

Hard to find em unmolseted anymore. Good score!

If your looking for the hard to find plastic chrome windshield trim 1967 dart only AMS Obsolete had some when I got mine in March.Good find

If your looking for the hard to find plastic chrome windshield trim 1967 dart only AMS Obsolete had some when I got mine in March.Good find

thanks for the info modtour99. what about the metal corner pieces?

The hubcaps are not original to a GT. The GT had what appeared to be a 5 spoke "Cragar" type design.

Sorry Frankenduster, but you are incorrect, those hubcaps are the orginals. They came with my 67 GT before I went to ralleyes, and the pic below is a 1967 Dart GT, that the owner bought in 1967 and still owns. The cars is a time capsule, and he drove it off the lot in 1967 hubcaps and all.

Attachments

• 105.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 470
  • DSC03167.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 428
Nice pick up! if your ever interested in selling that trunk finishing panel give me first choice.Lol Mine came with the factory rallys 14s with disc brake front.

good to know about the mirror and hub caps! i also forgot to tell everyone it only has 40k on it! believed to be original miles. talking about all of this makes me want to get started on this thing! where can i find a brake booster?

Hmmm.. I didn't know about THOSE hubcaps/wheel covers. Maybe the "Mag" style were the upgrades?

I'll say THIS with total confidence : NO car came with "factory" rally wheels before the 1970 model year. The Argent 10 hole styled rally wheel wasn't available before 1970. The "Road" wheel, also called the "Magnum" was offered before and after 1970.

paid 3k for it. should i be looking into a correct master cylinder? going to try and get everything in working order before i start taking it apart. needs a booster and i'm not sure where to get a oem style replacement. other than that everything works except the a/c. oh did they not come with ps mirrors? i didn't think they did and gas cap would be body color?
I wouldn't worry so much about a 67 master cylinder or booster.If that is what makes you happy-then by all means get it.But if you are trying to please everyone else-it ain't gonna happen.You have found a nice little car and looks to be an original.Enjoy it!It's yours-you found it-it's your turn to play!!!

67_Dart0010.jpg

This shows the remote control mirror as standard equipment.
There is a matching non-remote passenger side mirror.
I don't think the passenger side mirror on your car is an A-body mirror even though it is a Mopar mirror.
67_Dart0004.jpg

This should be your matching passenger side mirror.
I have never seen a car put out with two totally different mirrors from the factory as a production item.

$(KGrHqN,!icE-onHq5oeBP)!YiqD)g~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!k4E-P(MwBCmBP)!Yggz9g~~60_58.JPG

-
Back