Status
Not open for further replies.

dmoore

NO IT'S NOT RESTORED
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
1972 Plymouth Duster Duster 340 , EW1 Spinakker White, TX9 interior. Original matching number survivor sold new in Nashville Ga. on March 20 1972. The following is a list of optional equipment: Auto,upgraded factory black interior w/A88 interior decor group, B41 Power front disk brakes, G11 Tinted windows, G37 Dual chrome racing mirrors, H51 Air conditioning,N23 Electronic ignition, S77 Power steering, R11 Am radio, V1X Boar grain vinyl roof, V6X Tape stripes w/callouts, V8X Lower deck stripe, W21 Rallye road wheels with Goodyear E-70-14 RWL Polyglas tires. Original factory Polyglas spare still mounted on the black painted steel rim & never down. All jack components present.

Original documentation includes pristine build sheet(there were three), window sticker, sales invoice,new car pre delivery service inspection, IBM Electrical build punch card, IBM Quality punch card, warranty booklet, emissions booklet & owners manual.

This vehicle starts, drives & handles as new. The A/C system functions as new & still retains R12 refrigerant.

A new correct Accurate Exhaust Ltd system with correct tips has recently been installed along with the superb restoration of the numbers matching radiator with a new three row core added by Glen-Ray Radiators of Wausa Wi.

Many more detailed pics are available upon request.

Upon completed transaction the buyer will receive the original owners info who still remains in Ga.

This vehicle is climate controlled garaged at my location in Exmore, Va. 23350.

There is not another more solid,original 72 340 Duster out there that I am aware of at this time.

This is the way you buy'em folks! Thanks for the free ad FABO!:thumbup:

007-1.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o232/dmoore05
/006.jpg

017.jpg

012-3.jpg

011.jpg

032.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

001-2.jpg

051.jpg

100_2923.jpg

100_2915.jpg

100_2919.jpg

010-1.jpg

100_2952.jpg

100_2950.jpg

020-1.jpg

021-2.jpg

024.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

025.jpg

This is the gentleman that sold the car & still works at Martin Motors today!

034.jpg

If you have been looking at what's out here for sale the past 6 months to a year then you realize how refreshing it is to see a vehicle such as this one..............They are limited!

The second owner had the car repainted in 1995 because he couldn't stand to look at the thin paint with primer showing through down along the rocker area below each door. I know exactly what he was talking about because I have owned several original paint Dusters that lacked the coverage in that area and others. There were other "thin" areas due to the amount of waxing this car received. D

Man thats a way nice duster !
Is that the original paint ?

I'm sure about now you are wondering how did that original 1972 Martin Motors decal get on the deck lid since the car was repainted? Well the original salesman (who still works there) mailed me the last 5 he had in his desk drawer after I contacted the dealership........:happy2:

Not a car for the blue collar workin man,....thats more than I've paid for any 2 new cars combined,...another supermodel, nice to look at,...but...

Sure, but they're drivers,,...as all cars should be. You prolly woudn't like them. They not investments. Mine do burnouts, Haul *** up and down Rt 11, Have to get wiper and tires on em occasionally,And they'll never be worth SEVEN times what they cost new. SEVEN TIMES.....REALLY???...Like I said, Nice Car to be sure, but not a car for the average Joe. (which was who it was originally built for),...For 28 large, I can geta used caddy with a stick and actually drive It.
My uncle had cars like this, when he traded em in they never even had to go through the detail shop,...we used to put fake dog shait, and fake spilled beer cans on em, just to tune him up...Good luck with the sale.

The Nicest AC , Vinyl top , 72 car i have ever seen .... For that price hard pressed to sell it here or the other Mopar site it is listed on,,, You may want to try Barrett Jackson ... this is a trailer queen....
Call me what you want ... but if this car was minus AC and vinyl top .... it may attract more interest ... and maybe sell at 7000 less. Nice to see what an Original looks like ...
Good Luck with the sale .

What a spectacular Duster. Congrats on the sale. I don't know why some people were pissing on your parade about the price. Come on people - look at what you're buying. Look how clean and detailed this car is. I thought I knew people that kept their rides clean - hell one guy I knew would pull the motor every 2 years to clean and wax the engine bay, degrease the engine, trans and k-member and then put it all back together. But this Duster blows that away.

And stock is where it's at. The more original, the better. No matter what the economy does there will always be people with $$$ who can afford what they want. I am not a stock, numbers-matching kind of guy. I prefer the heavily modified cars, but I can certainly appreciate this Duster and the effort that went into it. Both parties involved got what they want and are probably very happy people right now.

Wylde1.

Thanks Wylde, Couldn't have said it better myself....How do you think this guy felt when he walked into Beeny Motors that Friday and saw the exact car he purchased brand new over 40 years ago? Let me tell you how.......overwhelmed! I am just glad it went to the "right" person....Randy and his wife are great people and a pleasure to have met....D

It is a beautiful car. Not a numbers matching kind of guy either, but a beautiful car is a beautiful car........

Dave, was that how he found out about the car seeing it on display at Carlisle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back