original B029 Barracudas

-

hemifish69

Dain bramaged Hemi freak
Reaction score
At my new cube in TUL, I've put up the ugly pics of my Barracuda as computer wallpaper, and of course all visitors now inquire about the car, the ones it's a copy of, and what they're all worth. I know mines barely worth the price of the engine, but what are the real Hurst cuda's and darts worth, and how many are left? :hiding:

If you go by Barrtett/Jackson numbers,do not boughter to show up if you don,t have 150-250,000$ to spend.One on the show last year went for 190,000$.Most are in a show place or owned by a collector,and the rare one on the track,mrmopartech

Not sure how many originals are left out there as many race cars are clones. But in 1968 they built 150 as far as the records show. An original in good shape should bring 100k with no trouble. I know a saw a list of how many 68 SS Hemi Cuda's and Dart's are know to be racing this year and it was around 75 cars I believe. Ron

There is a gentleman on Classracer.com that has compiled a list of original LO and BO cars and their current owners. You may want to try that site.
FYI this is a 14 year old thread. 2 of the members that posted here haven't been online for years.

At my new cube in TUL, I've put up the ugly pics of my Barracuda as computer wallpaper, and of course all visitors now inquire about the car, the ones it's a copy of, and what they're all worth. I know mines barely worth the price of the engine, but what are the real Hurst cuda's and darts worth, and how many are left? :hiding:

callander-old-graveyard-trossachs-58.jpg

Not sure how many originals are left out there as many race cars are clones. But in 1968 they built 150 as far as the records show. An original in good shape should bring 100k with no trouble. I know a saw a list of how many 68 SS Hemi Cuda's and Dart's are know to be racing this year and it was around 75 cars I believe. Ron

Word was , back in the day , chrysler built 53 hemi barracudas , its been going up ever since !!
They did not build 150 !!

An original LO or BO car can easily go 150k even with modifications to it. There are builders that will build you a clone & even those are in the 70-80k range.

Word was , back in the day , chrysler built 53 hemi barracudas , its been going up ever since !!
They did not build 150 !!

Au contraire, I have a letter from Chrysler to the NHRA stating that an additional 50 cars would be built after the original 100. I think the final tally is supposed to be 155 total Darts & Barracudas.
1968 Hemi S/S Registry

-
Back