Original owner of a missing '76 Duster 360 here

-

ARR550

Reaction score
Hi all!

As the title says, I'm the original owner of a 1976 Plymouth Duster 360, which was in my family from 1976-86. (I inherited it from my Mom in '79, but I "influenced" what the car was ordered with!)

Its VIN = VL29L6G217192
MDH code on bottom of door tag = 052107

Color: Powder Blue with white side stripes ("Gold Duster"-style stripes), white canopy vinyl roof, & white bucket seat interior w/console, "Tuff" steering wheel & Spacemaker package.

Wheels" OEM Rallyes w/trim rings (Standard tire size was the too-small E70-14...upsized to F70-14s later)

Engine...of course, the E58 360, with a Carter Thermoquad 4-barrel, 727 Torqurflite, and dual exhausts without catalytic converters that made this "Gold Duster" lookalike sound like the Bluesmobile.

What DIDN'T it have: Any "360" identification (None installed at the factory, just "Duster" badges)...the "Fuel Pacer" system (didn't want it), sunroof (didn't know if it was still available or not that late in the '76 model run), factory radio (didn't want it--had an aftermarket sound system installed when new), cigarette lighter (didn't know it was a $5 option)

Car was sold new at Larson-Quinn Interstate Motors in Red Wing, MN...I sold it in July of 1986 to someone (whose name I forgot) who lived in Maplewood, MN, and who was going to restore it. By then, it had about 150,000 miles on it, and had survived ten midwest winters as a daily driver.

I still have the broadcast sheets (in my vast collection of automobilia...somewhere...) the OEM radio delete plate (ditto) and the original chrome trim off the left rocker panel (in my garage, near where I park my '07 Dodge Charger Police Package)

Anyone ever see this car? Or know what happened to it from '86-on?

Thanks!

If your are good friends with a law enforcement officer, have them run the VIN thru the national database....you might get lucky.

Any LEO's on this board ??

Welcome to the site. I cant help you any but good luck to you. Hope you find it. Sounds like a cool car with some nice options.

-
Back