Original owner of my 69 Dart writes me back an email

-
i bought my 48 limo in 1969,3rd owner,i was 16,drove it from MI to Anderson,IN to meet the owners that bought it new,they were in their 80s,he owned a bank,nice couple,when i pulled up their chauffeur was washing their 59 Ghia imp Limo,i was in awe,the chauffeur sees the 48 and says,ahh the old 48,wish i had the 59 Ghia now

Wow, I've been taking for granted that my dart's first owners were my parents. My dad wasn't much of a hotrodder, so I was the first one to really do anything "bone-headed" to her (or with her)!

Here's the Mural they talk about in the article. It's hard to see in the photo but the car is yellow with a brown interior. We don't know of another Dart in the colour combo in Winnipeg. So who painted the mural??? Interesting!!!

IMG_2909.jpg

i bought my 48 limo in 1969,3rd owner,i was 16,drove it from MI to Anderson,IN to meet the owners that bought it new,they were in their 80s,he owned a bank,nice couple,when i pulled up their chauffeur was washing their 59 Ghia imp Limo,i was in awe,the chauffeur sees the 48 and says,ahh the old 48,wish i had the 59 Ghia now

That's a great story as well Cool car!!

Wow, I've been taking for granted that my dart's first owners were my parents. My dad wasn't much of a hotrodder, so I was the first one to really do anything "bone-headed" to her (or with her)!

Your fortunate!! When he told me all the things they used to do to that car my heart sunk a bit!! LOL!!!

Looks like Bill's history lesson never ends :). On another thread there is a link to a website of Manitoba's old Keystone/Bison dragways. As I'm perusing all the old photographs what do I come across?

Billsdart.jpg

Thanks for finding and sending the pic, Grant. I'm going to send it off to Lorne as well. Dave, the fellow in the pic, is a close friend of Lorne's and is the fellow I originally met at the Pony. He's the guy that called Lorne to tell him he was standing next to Lorne's old car. He still has the Duece but it's a whole lot more potent now!!

That's definitely a great story, thanks for sharing it with us !!!
I only realized the feeling when I brought our 1979 Dart back to my wife's blue eyes, after losing 12 long years...Our car was in a storage and I found him, bought back and now we're having plenty of good time with our baby boy !
Big hug from Brazil !!

Awesome message from the original owner. I've had my Charger for 11 years and I finally got a hold of the original owner a few years ago. He was glad to know the car was still alive because he figured it was long since scrapped or something. He said he really misses the car and regrets selling it back in 1978 when he had kids and needed something a bit more practical (he sold it for a station wagon!)

-
Back