Original rear drum rebuild kits/source?

-

StPaulSwinger

Reaction score
Hi all,

in my never ending quest to get all 198CI of Detroit muscle back on the mean streets of St. Paul, MN I'm trying to finish the brake overhaul on my 70 Dart. The fronts are being converted to discs and I'm running new brake lines (and a new M/C) but also realized that the rear drums (10") likely haven't been touched since they came out of the factory (55k original miles or so, classic Grandma's car story) so could likely do with a redo. I haven't had much luck finding anybody who sells a kit but I'd love being pointed in the right direction if it exists and I've just missed it. Also happy to get any/all advice, thoughts, comments, options etc.

Thanks!

Cool, appreciate everyone's help, I'm trying to make a push to get this all wrapped up and driveable as the weather gets warmer!

Rock Auto will be way cheaper than those parts in the link above. You just need to measure your drum diameter and shoe width to make sure you get the right parts.

Plus Rock Auto will have a larger selection of quality levels. You have to pay shipping but you will still save money over most any where else.

-
Back