OTC meds that work

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Seems every fall through early winter, I get stuffy nose before bed. Been like that for decades. Never took a med for it, thought it was due in part to my allergies since childhood. Well, family is all sick now in various stages of a cold (that's all I'm convinced of) and son was given an OTC nasal spray: Afrin. So i look at the label. Safe for kids. Let's try it....1-3 pumps up each nose while inhaling as well as you can. Kinda tingles a little and tastes like alum. But in 3 minutes, Im breathing through my nose and in 5 I'm all cleared up! All I can say is "where have you been all my life?" Big pharma is not the enemy .....

Fireball, E&J brandy, a strong BIG Texas margarita, and on and on.

This.

288E8E79-5248-449A-A767-DB901FC5F820.jpeg

Along the lines of a stuffed up nose.......did you read in the news a couple of days ago? NOW "THEY" say that pickin your nose puts you at risk for Alzheimer's disease. Seriously now, how you supposed to get them concrete crusty boogers out? I mean really.

Neo-Senefrin back in the 70's-80's did the same thing.

Worked but you had to keep using more and more of it and it seemed like you needed to keep using it after the cold passed. Took a few days to get back to normal after weening off of it.

For me, the dollar store allergy tabs that are bright pink do a decent job of lessening congestion.

They used to sell a capsium based nasal decongestant...yeah, that stuff! Take a rip up your nose and you start getting gas chamber flashbacks. You wanna really clear up your sinuses? Enlist! :rofl:
1668300399765.png

I've suffered chronic allergies for years, to the point I developed nasal polyps that had to be surgically removed. Similar to the neti pot suggestion above, I use this sinus rinse system as part of my regimen. Works wonderfully in conjunction with occasional use of a nasal spray (I prefer Flonase).

71OSYgVdtCS._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Neo-Senefrin back in the 70's-80's did the same thing.

Worked but you had to keep using more and more of it and it seemed like you needed to keep using it after the cold passed. Took a few days to get back to normal after weening off of it.

For me, the dollar store allergy tabs that are bright pink do a decent job of lessening congestion.
Allergy tabs work for me and my wife. They are only a Four hour pill and we only take them when we need them. We use then when we have stuffy or runny noses. Whether it be for allergies or whatever. It works for us. They can be used with most medications also. But check with your doctor first. I am not a doctor, lol.

I've suffered chronic allergies for years, to the point I developed nasal polyps that had to be surgically removed. Similar to the neti pot suggestion above, I use this sinus rinse system as part of my regimen. Works wonderfully in conjunction with occasional use of a nasal spray (I prefer Flonase).

View attachment 1716010442
Thanks for sharing this as the wife has allergies

-
Back