Our 72 Demon Father Son Project

-

thomasjkt

Reaction score
This is our 72 Demon project, when finished it will hold a 360 with a 4spd, 8.75 rear with 3:55 gears, large bolt alluminum slots and disc brakes, exterior will be Sassy Grass Green as you can see, it will sport a full Black Vinyl Top, Black Body Stripes and aDual Snorkel Hood Scoop.

Attachments

• 100_0037.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 515
  • 100_0038.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 523
  • 100_0047.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 522
  • 100_0109.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 520
  • 100_0110.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 489
  • 100_0114.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 499
  • 100_0116.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 498
  • 100_1742.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 507
  • 100_1740.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 515
  • 100_0142.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 520
Awesome! im doing one too :D it's great to see you not only spending quality time with your son but also carrying the tradition on to the next generation..keep it up the car looks great so far :cheers:

that's great working with you'r son !!! i'm doing a 73 duster build w/ father son grandson . show em the rope's. looking fantastic *

Attachments

• 73 duster 070.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 444
My dad and I have done several classic and antique mopars over the years along with a couple early 60's Mustangs (don't hold the stang's against me, they were just cheap fill in projects) About 10 years ago the company I worked for moved oversees and I eneded up having to sell off my collection. Finally after 10 years I am able to start another project, so my dad now (85) myself and my son (12) are able to do a project together. I hope that my son keeps the interest in old Mopars as I have.

Love the color!!
That was my second choice after yellow.

Wilson

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 401
thanks acdragon, I was looking through your pics also and looks like your moving right along, good save on the Duster

Muslca looking at your car makes me glad we chose a Demon as a project, your car is as my son would say "SWEET" Lol!

Looks great guys! You are very lucky to have a son whos got an interest in the hobby. My boys of 13 and 15 couldn't be less interested in my car,,,maybe if it had a video game console in it, might be a different story :banghead:

I started forming him as a toddler Rodzilla, at 1 month old I had him in the garage as I worked on other Mopar projects. I had (2) baby swings hanging from the rafters (1) at the front of the car and (1) at the rear, depending on what I was working on depended on what swing he was in. It was win win, I spent all the time I wanted in the garage working on my projects, my wife got a break and I now have a son that is interested in Classic Muscle Cars. Must have been the fumes he breathed in at such a young age. Very proud of him!

Way to go Dad! Teach 'em while they're young! Those times he's spending with you now, he will remember his entire life. Not to mention the skills that you taught him! Priceless! BTW, great job fellas!!

Looks like you have some good workers on your crew. Your car is looking great so far. Keep your dad and grandpa busy ��

Grant

when my son was 3 i got him a plastic tool kit. Every nite he would help me ! to this day he say's he remember's me using the plastic tools too * by 14 he lost interest,shortly after he turned 16(got his driver lic) i saw he going thru my box (what-cha doing) i'm building a musle car,...what car ? a super bee. he showed me a 73 charger-it's not a super bee, it is he said we got the car ! here's pics of my son's super (B) he was right *

Attachments

• 74 dart 008.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 262
  • 74 dart 014.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 309
p.s we are looking for a super bee hood . the kid know's me better than i know my self.

Nice looking car, my cousin has a Super Bee it is red with the black graphics and the Air Grabber Hood. They are nice cars.

they only made a charger a super bee for one year-71,so i kept telling my son !!! it's not a super bee. he would say it was i just could'nt see it ! about six months after we got the car,he got cancer-it made me so worried but when i went to see him in the hospital and asked him if he was ok-what did the doc say? all he wanted to talk about was what it takes to make a 73 into a super bee?...he's so smart , working on the car gave me focus & helped me thru* one day i said you'er plum crazy & thats what color we painted the (b) pic's of my son during keemo & after the car was super bee-ed !

Attachments

• 262325_1984316261955_1664711644_1978735_3723210_n.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 260
they only made a charger a super bee for one year-71,so i kept telling my son !!! it's not a super bee. he would say it was i just could'nt see it ! about six months after we got the car,he got cancer-it made me so worried but when i went to see him in the hospital and asked him if he was ok-what did the doc say? all he wanted to talk about was what it takes to make a 73 into a super bee?...he's so smart , working on the car gave me focus & helped me thru* one day i said you'er plum crazy & thats what color we painted the (b) pic's of my son during keemo & after the car was super bee-ed !
That it one sweet looking ride, you guys did a nice job on it. I hope that your son is doing well and that you and he enjoy the car together.

-
Back