Our First NFL Game!!

-

75slant6

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So Friday I got a wild hair up my rectum and asked the wife if she’d wanna go to the Broncos/Bengels game today.
After checking ticket prices and the weather we decided to make the 3.5 hr drivers Cincinnati. So yesterday we scored some tickets at mid field, row 7 behind the Broncos bench for $75 apiece!!!
With temps in the low 60s and sunny it was a great day to go! Denver playing a solid game and coming out with the W definitely helped!
Highlight of the day was Phillip Lindsay’s 65 yd td run! That kid is a beast and had himself a day today!! A few more games like this and he’ll beat Barkley for Offensive Rookie of the Year!
All in all, today was a blast!!
C6307CDD-380D-4C65-AF73-F970368A374E.png

Last edited:
Congrats! I've never been to a game, would love to. Beautiful pic! Your wife could pass for your sister!( No offense, shes pretty...ok I'm not saying your pretty but I think I'll stop now lol)

Only time I was ever in CO was Aurora with Dad and uncle buying the 67 cuda. Could see the mountains from Jim/sellers house. Middle of February and we loaded the car in our shorts. I think it was high 60's, beautiful weather and state!

Only time I was ever in CO was Aurora with Dad and uncle buying the 67 cuda. Could see the mountains from Jim/sellers house. Middle of February and we loaded the car in our shorts. I think it was high 60's, beautiful weather and state!
I have a brother in Fort Collins and another in Cańon City. I love it out there! Don’t know if I could deal with the 4-5 months of winter though.
We live in southern Ky, the game was in Cincinnati.

Ahhh, k I got ya. I thought it was in Denver.
I was surprised at the Feb weather.
I went thru Cinci once....I was scared..

Ahhh, k I got ya. I thought it was in Denver.
I was surprised at the Feb weather.
One awesome thing about winter in CO is it can be in the 30-40s and people will be out in shorts. The dry helps a bunch.

Lol. Yea Cinci is rough in some areas. Downtown is fairly nice, during the day anyway. Lol. Everyone at the game seemed nice enough. There was a ridiculous amount of broncos fans there! It was awesome!! Lol.

Last edited:
One awesome thing about winter in CO is it can be in the 30-40s and people will be out in shorts. The dry helps a bunch.

Lol. Yea Vinci is rough in some areas. Downtown is fairly nice, during the day anyway. Lol. Everyone at the game seemed nice enough. There was a ridiculous amount of broncos fans there! It was awesome!! Lol.

Only good time to go to a Bengals game is when you are rooting for the other team!
Next time you are up give me some notice and we can grab some food!

Only good time to go to a Bengals game is when you are rooting for the other team!
Next time you are up give me some notice and we can grab some food!
I was gonna say something to you be we ate before dark and I knew you we’re trying to catch deers. :D

So Friday I got a wild hair up my rectum and asked the wife if she’d wanna go to the Broncos/Bengels game today.
After checking ticket prices and the weather we decided to make the 3.5 hr drivers Cincinnati. So yesterday we scored some tickets at mid field, row 7 behind the Broncos bench for $75 apiece!!!
With temps in the low 60s and sunny it was a great day to go! Denver playing a solid game and coming out with the W definitely helped!
Highlight of the day was Phillip Lindsay’s 65 yd td run! That kid is a beast and had himself a day today!! A few more games like this and he’ll beat Barkley for Offensive Rookie of the Year!
View attachment 1715256899

Growing up in Colorado I've been a Bronco fan since 1960. Went to a few at the old Mile High Stadium. Phillip Lindsey is a Stud.

View attachment 1715256899
Curl your hair and you might look like Lindsey :D

Nice pics Caleb, you have a pretty wife. Any kids yet?
At our wedding my brother said “you really outdid yourself this time!” Lol

No kids yet, we were both pretty young when we got married so we decided to wait a few years. 2 years turn to 3, then 4, now we’re married 5.5 years, I’d imagine we'll start trying within the next year

Cool. Iv always wanted to go to a Denver game life long Broncos fan as well. They have really turned it on the last few weeks too bad they didnt do that 9 weeks ago lol. I hate harris got hurt that really sucks I hope he can get healed up and be 100% by next year. We have a good shot of winning out the rest of the season. Imo Cleveland and the chargers will give us a hard time i think we should beat the raiders and the niners. If we can some how pull it out we will finish 10-6 and have a chance at making the playoffs. Chargers need to loose out. And there was someone else that needed to loose. Great pic. Love the hair i had my hair long for years i cut it a couple months ago
Kinda miss it but it was so long it was aggravating.

Cool. Iv always wanted to go to a Denver game life long Broncos fan as well. They have really turned it on the last few weeks too bad they didnt do that 9 weeks ago lol. I hate harris got hurt that really sucks I hope he can get healed up and be 100% by next year. We have a good shot of winning out the rest of the season. Imo Cleveland and the chargers will give us a hard time i think we should beat the raiders and the niners. If we can some how pull it out we will finish 10-6 and have a chance at making the playoffs. Chargers need to loose out. And there was someone else that needed to loose. Great pic. Love the hair i had my hair long for years i cut it a couple months ago
Kinda miss it but it was so long it was aggravating.
Yea it really SUCKED seeing Harris come off the field. He tried walking on it and couldn’t put weight on it. Hairline fracture in his leg, they’re saying if Denver makes the playoffs, he could be back to play.

Thanks, I always had short hair growing up and I never liked it. Around 19-20 I started letting it grow longer and haven’t gone short again since. It’s annoying if I’m working and don’t have a hat so I always wear a hat unless we’re going to town,church,etc.

First NFL game I went to back in the 90's was Bengals vs Bucs in Tampa.
We were behind the goal post, and I noticed it was crooked?!
No one else seemed to notice or care and gave me funny looks if I pointed it out.

Sure enough (don't remember who but probably Tampa) came down the field and tried a FG.
The ball hit exactly on the tip of the upright (and would have been good if it was straight)
and bounced straight up. In my head I said "I think I can catch that if I stand up", but I didn't.
No one else stood up either, but the ball landed in the row behind me and someone in that row scooped it up :(
Then a crew immediately came over and straightened up the goal post!

Fist MLB gave I ever went to (besides a 1976 Reds gave I don't remember)
It was Tampa Bay Rays vs IIRC Toronto.
Mid way through the game, I remember saying to the people I was with-
"that's the same batter that was up 5 minutes ago"
...and again 10 minutes later.
Turns out they tied an MLB record for most pitches to a single batter- 27!
I've never seen anywhere near that since.
The Rays stadium has a lot of exposed girders at odd angles up in the ceiling.
Pop-up hits can bounce around half a dozen times up there.

I have yet to attend a hockey game...oh wait.

I went to a Bolts exhibition game around 2000-
...and the goalie was a girl!
Manon Rheaume (?) only female player in the NHL.

Last edited:
First NFL game I went to back in the 90's was Bengals vs Bucks in Tampa.
We were behind the goal post, and I noticed it was crooked?!
No one else seemed to notice or care and gave me funny looks if I pointed it out.

Sure enough (don't remember who but probably Tampa) came down the field and tried a FG.
The ball hit exactly on the tip of the upright (and would have been good if it was straight)
and bounced straight up. In my head I said "I think I can catch that if I stand up", but I didn't.
No one else stood up either, but the ball landed in the row behind me and someone in that row scooped it up :(
Then a crew immediately came over and straightened up the goal post!

Fist MLB gave I ever went to (besides a 1976 Reds gave I don't remember)
It was Tampa Bay Rays vs IIRC Toronto.
Mid way through the game, I remember saying to the people I was with-
"that's the same batter that was up 5 minutes ago"
...and again 10 minutes later.
Turns out they tied an MLB record for most pitches to a single batter- 27!
I've never seen anywhere near that since.
The Rays stadium has a lot of exposed girders at odd angles up in the ceiling.
Pop-up hits can bounce around half a dozen times up there.

I have yet to attend a hockey game...oh wait.

I went to a Bolts exhibition game around 2000-
...and the goalie was a girl!
Manon Rheaume (?) only female player in the NHL.
Dang! You’ve had some experiences! As far as I know the goal posts were straight under normal circumstances but at times it was windy enough that they were moving around quite a bit! That was trash blowing around everywhere and a few hats were blown off heads! Lol

If you're from Cincy, you learn to accept disappointment from sports teams.
On a bright note, we do have UC B-ball and Football, and Xavier too.
Don't know where you went in Cincy that scared you. The worst place used to be OTR (Over The Rhine) before the yuppies moved in. Now its Price Hill or maybe Avondale. Neither place is on the beaten path. There's never really been anyplace in Cincy that will cause you trouble, unless you're just out looking for it.

Great stories! I've seen lots of TB vs Toronto bb games on TV. High fly balls are always an adventure in TB.
There was always a heckler that was loud as heck close to home base on 3rd base side. He had season seats lol. Could hear him clear as day on TV. I think he got bought out lol
Manon is/was an absolute sweetheart. Being a good goalie was a bonus too lol.
Dang! You’ve had some experiences! As far as I know the goal posts were straight under normal circumstances but at times it was windy enough that they were moving around quite a bit! That was trash blowing around everywhere and a few hats were blown off heads! Lol

Lol, i cant remember where I was in Cinci exactly GB, It was more of a friendly jab then being scared, but it definitely was a sketchy part of the city.
If you're from Cincy, you learn to accept disappointment from sports teams.
On a bright note, we do have UC B-ball and Football, and Xavier too.

Don't know where you went in Cincy that scared you. The worst place used to be OTR (Over The Rhine) before the yuppies moved in. Now its Price Hill or maybe Avondale. Neither place is on the beaten path. There's never really been anyplace in Cincy that will cause you trouble, unless you're just out looking for it.

-
Back