Our Newest Addition To The Family!

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
We had an unfortunate and sudden event here at our home. We lost our 'Old Girl, Abbie to cancer. It came on kind of fast and got into her bones limiting her movement and making even going outside painful to even watch. She was in alot of pain. We loaded her up with meds for pain for a short time in hopes of some sort of cure but it was going be to amputate a limb and perheps more down the line. Even this would not have given her more than a few months more to live before more cutting etc. so we put her down. Our resident Sheltie, Dallas went into some major mourning. He quit eating and just laid around. After about a month or so we decided it was best to get another 'pal' for him to have around and give him some renewed energy. Well, it worked! We got this little guy (pictured below) to help out. He was a dog from a shelter and is a year old. His name is 'Blaze'. We made a little room for him and he is just what the doctor ordered, FOR ALL OF US!!!! Say 'HI' to our little guy!!!
Chas.

1st pic is our Abbie,

2nd pic is Dallas,

3rd pic is Blaze,

Attachments

• Barney and Abbie 002.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 001.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 007.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 191
Sorry to hear of your loss of a friend and the others grieving however looks like you scored with a winner. Congrats!!!!!!!

It's like losing a family member. Research your dog food. There are a lot of carsinagens in some dog foods.

I hope Blaze livens things up.

Those are some good lookin dogs.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Having Blaze here now does not lessen the feel of loss regarding Abbie. She was one heck of a great friend. We had her cremated and put in a urn and she shares the mantle with our other dog Barney who died about 4 years ago. The both of them stand at their posts and watch over all of us. Dallas has some renewed energy again and has become very tight with Blaze. They do everything together now. As for Blaze he is like my one son who had ADHD growing up. Blaze is pretty much all over the place. He cracks us up multiple times daily with his antics. He is housebroken well, loves the huge yard we have for him to play in. Blaze responds best to me and he is closest to me than anybody else in the family. I would suggest to anyone looking for a pet to take some time and go to them 'adoption days' getting thrown by shelters and rescue groups. Alot of great pets are just waiting for a chance to just belong and the truth being told many dont get the chance.

By the way, Blaze is an American Eskimo pure bred and unlike the stigma that these dogs are tough to handle Blaze is just about one of the most behaved dogs I have ever had. So much for that reputation!!
Chas.

-
Back