Our Ramcharger on Drummond Island ??? LOL....

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any members from Drummond Island?? LOL... :D
Photo of the Ramcharger on the ferry (Lake Huron) going there....

DSCN2165.JPG

And Camping There....
DSCN2168.JPG

DSCN2171.JPG

And our return.....
DSCN2181.JPG

Most of FABO threads are about wrench'n or opinions about builds. But many of us put our mopars on the road as well...…
:thumbsup:

Most of FABO threads are about wrench'n or opinions about builds. But many of us put our mopars on the road as well...…
:thumbsup:
How much to park your camper on the island for a night. lol and the boat ride there.

How much to park your camper on the island for a night. lol and the boat ride there.
"LOW DOLLAR TRIP".... :D 16 dollars round trip for me, wife, ramcharger on the ferry. Stay as long or forever. Island is pretty big, and we stayed at a campsite for 17 dollars w/electricity. Honor system, put your cash in a envelope/drop box. Not a tourist trap.
What??? No FABO members from Drummond Island???? :D :D 1100 residents there, scattered around.

Last edited:
Disagreed there's more pictures of it on the water!!
LOL... I guess that's accurate. We have plenty of road pictures, but they wouldn't fit with my title... :)

Last edited:
I sold my 85 white Ramcharger but not before I pulled my newly rebuilt 904 transmission, my 360 727 sway bar equipped Mexican built brown 88 ramcharger I still have, I have owned 4 of the great trucks , yes I love them

My wife got us kayaks, Lord save me...
IMG_20190827_113820.jpg

Same place we snowmobile...
On a glassy water day the mountain reflecys in the water....

My morning, clear calm and cool here in northeast Arkansas

20190814_055609.jpg

We are ending our circle of the whole U.P. Mackinac bridge was interesting as well. Whitefish Bay was gorgeous, and going out on Lake Superior in a glass bottom boat finding ship wrecks was also fun. But as usual, finding the "not so popular" spots always scores high on our charts. As folks rush to Mackinac Island, the true tourist trap (more expensive and cannot take your car), Drummond island was real people living real island lives. Just gorgeous views of lake Huron.

It's still dark and I can still see and hear the occasional thunder and lightning. Also light hot summer rain..
hi of 51* where we are..... a lot of interesting conversations with the locals about their winters up here. Ice 3 ft in the bays...… bears going from island to island...

We are ending our circle of the whole U.P. Mackinac bridge was interesting as well. Whitefish Bay was gorgeous, and going out on Lake Superior in a glass bottom boat finding ship wrecks was also fun. But as usual, finding the "not so popular" spots always scores high on our charts. As folks rush to Mackinac Island, the true tourist trap (more expensive and cannot take your car), Drummond island was real people living real island lives. Just gorgeous views of lake Huron.
What way do you go through Michigan? Or around?

What way do you go through Michigan? Or around?
we went up through Wisconsin, past Green Bay and up into the U.P. If you get out a "Rand McNally" map...LOL, it shows it so much better than the computer.

My wife got us kayaks, Lord save me...
View attachment 1715386332
Same place we snowmobile...
On a glassy water day the mountain reflecys in the water....

Two eskimoes go kayaking, and after a while they get cold... So they take their wood paddles and build a fire... Eventually the fire burns a hole in the bottom of the kayak and it sinks... :mad:

The moral of the story is: You can't have your kayak and heat it too.... :BangHead:

No, that would mean going through Chicago, or way out of the way to miss it. LOL. We'll come back through Wisconsin.
My family all live on the east coast side, Alpha, Family Farm in the Black Hills around the Black River, Tawas, Saginaw..

Two eskimoes go kayaking, and after a while they get cold... So they take their wood paddles and build a fire... Eventually the fire burns a hole in the bottom of the kayak and it sinks... :mad:

The moral of the story is: You can't have your kayak and heat it too.... :BangHead:
Wife likes....thank you...:thumbsup:

My family all live on the east coast side, Alpha, Family Farm in the Black Hills around the Black River, Tawas, Saginaw..
we always head west for our trips, to the open country. This is our first trip to Michigan. We wanted to see what the U.P. was like. :) It's been a lot of fun. My wife loves water. Typical of her standing in the "front row view" of the water where the action is in my last picture I posted..... Lots of things jumped out at me about this part of our great country.

It's easy for me to see why my aunt liked Oregon so much. When we took our trip across country a few summers ago and we came in to Michigan we kind of felt at home. All the trees and The Greenery and the wetlands.

-
Back