• March 2012 083.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 505
  • March 2012 015.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 505
Everyone is asleep here on the hill,,,so know I can eat

Attachments

• March 2012 004.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 484
I've been hanging with the kiddo listening to music in the garage all night.
e361bab2.jpg

But now she's asleep and it's "Daddy Time"
acc4011d.jpg

I don't usually work on weekends but I want to get this thing done ... the guy is frankly driving me insane.

View attachment 013 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 015 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 017 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 020 - Copy.jpg

All the metal work got done last night and the base coat of Super Chrome is finished now. Tomorrow, I'll lay on the Wilder Red, snap a few more pictures and let him come and fetch the thing Monday morning.

And then I might take the rest of the day off.

Yeahhhhhh right :wack:

Yes!! Take a day for your self Leanna :happy1: I did :cheers:
Now I am watching over my granddaughter while she and meme sleeps.
Creed is enjoying a well deserved night out on the town =D>

I will sleep in tomorrow I bet :glasses7:

I've been hanging with the kiddo listening to music in the garage all night.
e361bab2.jpg

But now she's asleep and it's "Daddy Time"
acc4011d.jpg

About the same here seeabee... except it is cherry dusters for me tonight :happy3:

I'm on call this weekend, so no fun for me. Sat morning I was up @ 4:45 to do a job in Colorado Springs, met a HAM radio friend on the way back at the "Candy Store" (ham radio store, he just bought a new radio) then went for a quick lunch with him and his wife. His wife is late stages alzheimers/dementia, but I got her to laugh and that was priceless. :) She really seemed to come out of the fog after that.

Came home, let the dogs out and napped for an hour then went out to the garage and made a bunch of progress on my workbench. A friend dropped by and I helped him out a bit on his motorcycle and I crashed out at 9:30 pm.

Getting ready to run out on another job today in Loveland. I've had one day off in 3 weeks, but this is how I ended up with a house, lol. I'm not complaining. I'll see if I have time today to post a pic of the workbench progress.

My wife and her girlfriend is at a resort at Punta Can. I hope they are having fun because
I'm as bored as "HELL"

Kenny

Memike - what is that blob of stuff that looks like congealed blood in the middle of the plate?
Rest looks good!!!:cheers:
Grape jelly :D I drag my eggs threw it :hello2:

Looks like jelly to me. :D
Yes :coffee2:
And then out the door I went and took in the stares and enjoyed 3 or 4 Cherry Duster's :hello2::hello2: you know your Cherry coke and premium rum drink Joe :glasses7:

My wife and her girlfriend is at a resort at Punta Can. I hope they are having fun because
I'm as bored as "HELL"

Kenny
I had a good night just doing nothing, My wife is here but she has the house all tour up remodeling (nesting) so I stayed out of her way Kenny, maybe next Saturday night you can post up your Saturday night enjoyment :hello2: It was just Buddy and I outside till 2 am becouse of the time change, spring forward one hour this morning :glasses7:

Attachments

• March 2012 016.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 449
I had a good night just doing nothing, My wife is here but she has the house all tour up remodeling (nesting) so I stayed out of her way Kenny, maybe next Saturday night you can post up your Saturday night enjoyment It was just Buddy and I outside till 2 am becouse of the time change, spring forward one hour this morning

Will do Mike, I can't wait till nice weather out so we can get back into the camp fires out back. That is one nice dog you have there.
Kenny

I had a good night just doing nothing, My wife is here but she has the house all tour up remodeling (nesting) so I stayed out of her way Kenny, maybe next Saturday night you can post up your Saturday night enjoyment It was just Buddy and I outside till 2 am becouse of the time change, spring forward one hour this morning

Will do Mike, I can't wait till nice weather out so we can get back into the camp fires out back. That is one nice dog you have there.
Kenny
Thank you Kenny, Buddy has been with me over 2 years now.
It was a calm and 65 degree night last night and we had a night of rain the day before, so no worries on burning the hill down :thumbup:

Attachments

• Nella%20Friends%20FABO%20035.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 388
  • THIS%2520IS%2520BUDDY%2520MY%2520NEW%2520BUD%2520030.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 366
Holy crap, the time changed today??? And here I was all jazzed thinking I got to sleep in til 11:30. LOL!!! Gonna head out and tackle the rest of that go kart here shortly but first it's coffee ..............

Holy crap, the time changed today??? And here I was all jazzed thinking I got to sleep in til 11:30. LOL!!! Gonna head out and tackle the rest of that go kart here shortly but first it's coffee ..............
The same here Leanna :glasses7:, still drinking :coffee2:
I bet prepping all those round bars will be a task for sure :glasses7:
have an extra cup sistha :wave: It's almost noon already :banghead:

I spent the evening Google'ing for ideas on power wheelchairs, as I'm getting bad enough that gun, car, air shows means I need something to get around besides my legs. I can only stay on my feet for about an hour max, average.

My hands, wrists, elbows, etc are bad enough that crutches and walkers are not gonna be an option.

I had bought one of these at a thrift store for a hundred bucks:

jazzy-1113.jpg

Initially, I was excited. The armrests come off easily, the seat and back come off quickly as a unit, and in fact, the entire unit can be quickly broken down to 1 the batteries, 2 the center structure/ battery rack, 3, the left and right sides with batteries.

This means it will fit in a car trunk AND IN FACT I brought it home in the Dart!!

A photo of the Jazzy 1113 broken down. This all unhooks with latches and push pins, no tools needed, and even the first time, took less than 5 minutes.

mif606.jpg

I didn't realize what a complete P.O.S. it was until I got to thinking about it

First, the center structure/ battery rack only gives you about an inch 1/2 ground clearance, and I managed to high center the damn thing in the yard no problem. Getting over ANY sort of obstacle is a real PITA

The front wheel drive does not have much traction, as the weight isn't there, it's in the REAR, and the "safety" wheels sticking out in every direction are no help, especially with obstacles. If all you every wanted to do was to run around a perfectly flat gymnasium floor, I'm sure it would be fine.

So I already had one of these, also a thrift store find:

Mvc-316s.jpg

The advantages of this are, MUCH more ground clearance. Lowest point is the motor gearboxes and about the same level of battery cage, about 4". Rear wheel drive is MUCH better than this plethora of stupid mid/ front wheel drive junk, and, it's easier for someone to "handle" the back of it and up/ over or down a curb

DIS advantages are, you cannot fold it or break it apart like the Jazzy. The chair is NOT comfortable, and the back provides no real back support. It is what it is -- a cheap canvas sling with a VERY high new price tag.

So, I bought a SECOND Ranger yesterday for 115 bucks (thrift store, of course) and the plan is to turn it INTO a "break down" model, and in fact I just might use the chair section off the Jazzy on the chassis of the Ranger.

The GOAL is:

I have lightweight aluminum telescoping ramps, which would allow the empty chair to be pushed/ motored up into the trunk IF the chair proper can be removed. This way, I don't HAVE to take my pickup to events If I'd rather or need to take the car.

Now, where in 'ell is that hacksaw?

Then there's this guy, who hates every chair ever made except the one he "built"

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair.htm

Thanks Mike! C'mon over and I'll show ya how to doll up a go kart. :-D The guy said that thing's been sitting out behind his garage for about 20 years. And judging by all the rust -- errr I mean patina :-D -- I'd have to guess he's right.

You know how when working on something there's always a "fun part"??? All the real work -- blasting, deburring, tweaking the bars so they'll fit again, etc. -- on the kart was done Friday and Saturday night. But laying out that candy red today is my fun part! I'll get you some pics of what it looks like now all chromed ... and later on when it's metallic red.

Spent the night hanging with the wife.....was going to go start my burn pile up again but it is raining......

Spent the night hanging with the wife.....was going to go start my burn pile up again but it is raining......

I let my wife have a night with out me ink :D she deserves a couple nights a week with out me :D....... I think we have rain moving in here to but not sure.
It sure was nice out last night :thumrigh:
I just child and sat on my rear most of the night alone in my man Eagles nest.
Yes I see Victoria needs a bath and get all the dust and fire fall off of her :glasses7:

Attachments

• March 2012 031.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 371
  • March 2012 033.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 363
  • March 2012 035.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 373
I spent the evening Google'ing for ideas on power wheelchairs, as I'm getting bad enough that gun, car, air shows means I need something to get around besides my legs. I can only stay on my feet for about an hour max, average.

My hands, wrists, elbows, etc are bad enough that crutches and walkers are not gonna be an option.

I had bought one of these at a thrift store for a hundred bucks:

jazzy-1113.jpg

Initially, I was excited. The armrests come off easily, the seat and back come off quickly as a unit, and in fact, the entire unit can be quickly broken down to 1 the batteries, 2 the center structure/ battery rack, 3, the left and right sides with batteries.

This means it will fit in a car trunk AND IN FACT I brought it home in the Dart!!

A photo of the Jazzy 1113 broken down. This all unhooks with latches and push pins, no tools needed, and even the first time, took less than 5 minutes.

mif606.jpg

I didn't realize what a complete P.O.S. it was until I got to thinking about it

First, the center structure/ battery rack only gives you about an inch 1/2 ground clearance, and I managed to high center the damn thing in the yard no problem. Getting over ANY sort of obstacle is a real PITA

The front wheel drive does not have much traction, as the weight isn't there, it's in the REAR, and the "safety" wheels sticking out in every direction are no help, especially with obstacles. If all you every wanted to do was to run around a perfectly flat gymnasium floor, I'm sure it would be fine.

So I already had one of these, also a thrift store find:

Mvc-316s.jpg

The advantages of this are, MUCH more ground clearance. Lowest point is the motor gearboxes and about the same level of battery cage, about 4". Rear wheel drive is MUCH better than this plethora of stupid mid/ front wheel drive junk, and, it's easier for someone to "handle" the back of it and up/ over or down a curb

DIS advantages are, you cannot fold it or break it apart like the Jazzy. The chair is NOT comfortable, and the back provides no real back support. It is what it is -- a cheap canvas sling with a VERY high new price tag.

So, I bought a SECOND Ranger yesterday for 115 bucks (thrift store, of course) and the plan is to turn it INTO a "break down" model, and in fact I just might use the chair section off the Jazzy on the chassis of the Ranger.

The GOAL is:

I have lightweight aluminum telescoping ramps, which would allow the empty chair to be pushed/ motored up into the trunk IF the chair proper can be removed. This way, I don't HAVE to take my pickup to events If I'd rather or need to take the car.

Now, where in 'ell is that hacksaw?

Then there's this guy, who hates every chair ever made except the one he "built"

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair.htm

You thinking big or small block for that thing?

You thinking big or small block for that thing?

Very depressed, I'll have to stick with electric drive, although, believe it or not, I was considering a mini - 4 stroke generator for all - day outings like an airshow.

413733525_finished_depressed_spongebob_xlarge.png

Helped my bud Max put his new AlterKation in.

Attachments

• P3048045.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 304
  • P3068049.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 298
  • P3108087.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 332
  • P3108082.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 291
memike looked like he had some fun, ha ha ha :D
NOW ME, talked to my friend <3 and umm spent time on the puter at The Horse Forum where i have more posts there than here *chuckles* and not much else.

The candy red on the frame is cooling off -- looks magnificent so far -- and I still have the side bars to finish up later but here's a few teaser pics of my last couple days' work ......

Between me and my 23,000+ pals here, I'll sure be glad to have this thing finished up. As soon as it's gone, Billy's hopping on his tractor and pulling up my sign by the road. From now on, I'm going to be available to locals strictly "by appointment only" and the only way they'll find me to start with is through the internet.

-
Back