our very own voetom

-
Tom is one of the sharpest minds on this board and is a good friend to boot. If his posts are over your head, don't read them? There's a member here who posts a four or five paragraph reply every time someone asks what wiper blades came stock on their car. I just skip right over his replies.

Tom is one of the sharpest minds on this board and is a good friend to boot. If his posts are over your head, don't read them? There's a member here who posts a four or five paragraph reply every time someone asks what wiper blades came stock on their car. I just skip right over his replies.

it has nothing to do with his posts, its his screen name
(now i seem to remember him saying it had something to do with an open chamber mufflers option on a oldsmobile)

see, your screen name, i think i know how to pronounce, but his, everytime i read it...it sounds like Neil saying VTUMPH

I have known Tom for close to 40 years. One of the smartest and nicest guys I know. Very well respected in th mopar community. He wrote a very good book on overhauling 727 / 904 transmissions you can buy on a amazon. He has been a huge help on my car.

Amen to that! I am still flabbergasted that he gave me mention in his Torqueflite book. Completely honored. Tom has probably forgotten more information than most people here will ever know. Same sentiment toward the other member you mention as well.

Sometimes you have to take a step back and reread all of the information again when someone like Tom or Del posts an answer to a question. To me, it’s well worth the reread, as the answer is always spot on.

DIY, that is one twisted show! Sort of like a strange Monte Python Benny Hill mix! I think i am honored. :):)

DIY, that is one twisted show! Sort of like a strange Monte Python Benny Hill mix! I think i am honored. :):)

im glad you got it the way i meant it
that one probably is their strangest episode, but even with the "normal" ones, they were pretty well off the wall

it has nothing to do with his posts, its his screen name
(now i seem to remember him saying it had something to do with an open chamber mufflers option on a oldsmobile)

see, your screen name, i think i know how to pronounce, but his, everytime i read it...it sounds like Neil saying VTUMPH

Vacuum Operated Exhaust (exhaust cut outs) were available as an option on Pontiacs in the late 60's. Tom reverse engineered their design and began producing them on his own out of his basement so that people could put them on their GTOs.

DIY, what is that show? Is it called The Young Ones? Mid 70s British show?

See how the girls just love the guy in the GTO with those mufflers loud???

Last edited:
DIY, what is that show? Is it called The Young Ones? Mid 70s British show?

yes sir, but it may have been on the 80s
it only ran for 2 seasons
i've been told that "variety" shows got a bigger budget then sitcoms, so to get classified as such they always had a performance, usually a band, but once it was a lion tamer

i also seem to remember the guy who played House (MD) starring as a spoiled rich kid

and for some reason, i cant help but wonder if the mailman from the episode "nasty" shouldnt be a famous actor as well

one thing that always cracked me up about this show, is that they didnt take them selves to seriously, and they often addressed the audience directly (2 minutes, 50 seconds into this clip, but you really should watch the whole thing to enjoy it)

Sort of like the really early Monty Python. You've got to learn their accent to figure out the funny stuff!!

-
Back