Out of country on title?

-

nostalgia6883

Reaction score
I have a 68 cuda` fastback and I was looking at the title and it says that the title brand is out of country.Does this mean my car originally was exported?Maybe Canada? Any help would be appreciated.thanks

Maybe if you would posted a picture of your title it would help us help you. You ac always cover up the last numbers of the VIN and owner information with a slip of paper. Do you have the fender tag? I think it would show if the car was an export.

Maybe if you would posted a picture of your title it would help us help you. You ac always cover up the last numbers of the VIN and owner information with a slip of paper. Do you have the fender tag? I think it would show if the car was an export.

Thanks you for inquiring.When i aquired the car it did not have a fender tag unfortunately.But here is the actual title hope this helps to get an answer.Thanks again i really appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_0962.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0963.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0964.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 213
Seems to me the answer to this question is to

1--call whatever state DMV issued the title and ask

2--it COULD be a mistake -- this does happen

It could have been a typo when the title transferred.

Fat-fingered title clerk?
Looking at my keyboard, the F key is surrounded by R, T, D, G, C and V.

Maybe they meant to hit C or D, classic or collectible vehicle?

98 % chance it's a typo
1 % chance it was an export
1 % chance it was in Canada or Mexico some time in it's life

Ok but hypothetically speaking if it was an out of country car is there any other way of finding this out from the info that i have besides calling the dmv?

It could have been a typo when the title transferred.

Fat-fingered title clerk?
Looking at my keyboard, the F key is surrounded by R, T, D, G, C and V.

Maybe they meant to hit C or D, classic or collectible vehicle?

hahaha! I see your point there

The second 8 in the VIN decodes as export.

That 8 would be located in the Assembly Plant area so maybe it was an export or a typo from decades ago. That is where the branded F on the title probably came from.

VIN BH29F88180000 decodes as
B Model:Plymouth Barracuda
H Price Class:High
29 Body Type:2 door sports hardtop
F Engine:318ci V8 2bbl (LA motor)
8 Year:1968
8 Assembly Plant: Export
Sequence Number:180000 Note: I entered 0000 to finish the VIN check so your numbers would be here.

The second 8 in the VIN decodes as export.

That 8 would be located in the Assembly Plant area so maybe it was an export or a typo from decades ago. That is where the branded F on the title probably came from.

VIN BH29F88180000 decodes as follows:DescriptionInterpretationCodeModel:Plymouth BarracudaBPrice Class:HighHBody Type:2 door sports hardtop29Engine:318ci V8 2bbl (LA motor)FYear:19688Assembly Plant:Export8Sequence Number:180000180000

Very interesting.the vin on the title is definitely not a type-o.

Attachments

• IMG_0965.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 163
My bad I read it as an 8 and now I see on the VIN plate it is a B. That is probably what some other idiot (besides me) did too. B - Hamtramck, Michigan

Makes sense.Still a little confused on the title being the way that it though.One of these days I'm going to call the Dmv and get to the bottom of this dilemma.Is there still a possibility that the car was made here in the Us and sold in Canada?
Thank you for everyone help on this subject i appreciate it :D

All Barracudas were built in Hamtramck. The character on the tag is definitely a "B". Somebody mistyped it, is all.

Example: My VIN was entered incorrectly by the clerk who transferred it from OR to CA. They read a "6" as a "G" and nobody caught it until I was using one of those decoders, 20 years later, and realized it had to be a numeral, and looked at the tag again. I had to take it to the DMV so they could verify the mistake, and they issued a corrected title.

I think you might have misunderstood what I said.Made in the usa shipped to canada for sale there, is the question.

So if it had an 8 in place the of the B it was an export and that is the confirmation that it definitely was an export.I'm confused???

look at the difference between the two f's in the third pic the one at the bottom is crooked

When I bought my Duster the title said 4-door, serial numbers matched the title and vin decoder said it was a 2-d HT duster.
The seller told me this up front.
Went to the DMV to transfer it into my name and told them about the mistake.
It took about 2 seconds for the older lady to tell me they never made a 4-door duster.
She corrected the mistake after verifing the serial numbers were correct for the car.

When I bought my Duster the title said 4-door, serial numbers matched the title and vin decoder said it was a 2-d HT duster.
The seller told me this up front.
Went to the DMV to transfer it into my name and told them about the mistake.
It took about 2 seconds for the older lady to tell me they never made a 4-door duster.
She corrected the mistake after verifing the serial numbers were correct for the car.

wow that's nutty.Did the dmv charge you to correct the title?

I have a friend that is into 1963 Mercury Montereys. He bought one in Canada and tried to title it in Virginia. The lady in town told him it was a Canadian model built in Canada and would not meet NTSB specs. She refused to title it unless he could get Ford Motor Company to send him a letter stated it would pass 1963 safety standards here. Me friend took the title to a small DMV office way out in the country, and they issued a title no questions asked. I hope you don't get the same run around, and if you do, don't give up on the first try, or at the first DMV.

-
Back