Out of the Blue and into the Black

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Been working on changing color on the interior. After pricing parts, looking forever for decent door panels without a speaker hole, I decided to use paint where I can and make my own door panels.

Pardon the dust, will clean it up when done.

Here is the dash before I started, I painted the pad and dash and replaced all of the bezels
View attachment dash before.jpg

Here is the finished product
View attachment dash after.jpg

Right door before:
View attachment Right Door Before.jpg

Right door after: I did find a good deal on here for the upper plastic.
View attachment Right Door After.jpg

With a little work and some ingenuity you can transform your interior on a budget. More to come.

was there no way to keep the woodgrain?

It was damaged, the old panels are trash. I made completely new panels and covered them with some thin foam rubber and then the vinyl.

Someday when I rich I'll probably get new panels if they are made.

It was damaged, the old panels are trash. I made completely new panels and covered them with some thin foam rubber and then the vinyl.

i see i see said the blind man, i want a set too someday , i really like the woodgrain. they look great the way they are

Driver door done, got to get the crinkles out with the heat gun. Kick panels are back in and the floor vacuumed, lol.

Time to start the back, then on to the seats.

Attachments

• int right to left.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 447

They are reproduced with and without woodgrain by Legendary Auto Interiors and I think they are 425 a set

They are reproduced with and without woodgrain by Legendary Auto Interiors and I think they are 425 a set

Eventually I'll probably go that route, but for now I just wanted to get away from the blue and the holes and the mismatch of everything. I'd like to have the woodgrain back eventually too.

Oh did mean to offend your panels look good just informin that they are made.

Non taken. Actually it's good info, thanks. I had not looked into where to get them, I kinda figured that Legendary would have them.

I'm trying to save some money for a 408 first, that'll make me go faster than door panels, lol. :D

Looks great!

What type of board did you use for the panels?

3/16" masonite, covered with a thin foam rubber and then the vinyl. A heat gun helps in removing the crinkles. I'm going out shortly to do just that.

With the help of my Grandson we got a little more done on the color swap.

Got the wheel houses, rear carpet on the fold down and package tray over to black.

View attachment Wheel house.JPG

Grandson helping with the cleaning.

View attachment My Helper.JPG

Before dyeing the seats.

View attachment BS Before.JPG

After dyeing done.

View attachment BS After1.JPG

Hopefully tomorrow we will get the seat in and the driver side shoulder belt and the dash vents. Got the side panels done but still have some wrinkles to get out yet.

-
Back