Out with the 340 & in with the 410 stroker!

-
Reaction score
Well grinder and I pulled my lil 340 out of the valiant and now when I'm done working I'm gonna stuff the 410 in!!!

I'll post more pic's when I get home.

You think I bottomed the pan out a lil? lol

Photo 494.jpg

Photo 497.jpg

Photo 500.jpg

Photo 502.jpg

Photo 507.jpg

Dang you are going to have yours done before I get mine in........

Cool!!! When are you going to install it?????

Hang on to your shorts my friend. Your going to think someone placed a big block under that hood. Actually, you will embarass some big block people and hand them their proverbial gluteous maximus!

LOL, you trying to push the pedal through the floor? My truck is undercarbed too, you can feel it accelerate right to the end of the secondaries..

Btw I've confirmed my 750 is too small![/quote]

What size do you think it needs??

I got a 750 Demon worked over by Don at FBO for my 410. He says it flows 900cfm????????? I guess I will find out here soon. When I get my other issues solved.....

What fuel pump are you running??

I will be running the Mechanical Carter Competiton series 172GPH on mine. It has 10 an inlet and 8an outlet......maybe squeeze some juice with it also.

Btw I've confirmed my 750 is too small!

What size do you think it needs??

I got a 750 Demon worked over by Don at FBO for my 410. He says it flows 900cfm????????? I guess I will find out here soon. When I get my other issues solved.....[/QUOTE]

Louis,
then what you have now is an high velocity 900 cfm carb.

850 annular is what I want, anyone selling one?

900 could work, with the heads I'm using theres plenty of air speed to activate/signal that big of a carb if I wanted.

What fuel pump are you running??

I will be running the Mechanical Carter Competiton series 172GPH on mine. It has 10 an inlet and 8an outlet......maybe squeeze some juice with it also.

stock for now, works on 440's w/ same psi so....you know what I mean?

Maybe if you plan on reving 8000+ rpm at the track and have big lines or the rest, then the high psi pump is recommended, but 400 ci can live without it.jmo

If you changed the fuel line diameter, then you should increase the fuel psi.

but I haven't really opened it up just yet......

Well... I had to change the 6.5 pv out for a 4.5 pv and now I have a feeling the primary's need to go up.
I'm also gonna look the timing curve over, I basically put the pro billet in as is from the 340 which is set for an 8* mechanical advance thats all in by 2200rpm with 1 blue & 1 silver, so maybe slow it since it starts fine with with 24* initial and ran [though very rich] with 32* total.

I am gonna give it a cruise tomorrow after work, as of now if you crack and hold the throttle in gear @ 2000 ish rpm, it gets rough.

and so far I've got 160 psi, butterfly's closed all other plugs in, but it's still breaking in and the idles still going up a lil.

And if anyones wondering about off the shelf break in oil, gtx 20-50w w/stp is what i used.

I poured the stp over the cam before the intake went on, in the car.

-
Back