Out with the 440

-

Bigdummy

Not a Nova
Reaction score
I've been waiting for a long time for this.Sunday IM going to start to yank the 440 and take it to the buyer and the to the machine shop and get my 470.I've been sick, my machinist has been,death in the family has delayed me for a while.I also sold my K frame, suspension,and big brakes.Itrucked 9 weeks straight for a tubular K frame with Willwood street brakes.I just got back form a last ride with the 440.I tuned on it a few months ago and its ready for the new owner!Ill post up Pictures!My 470 is similar to another build cept Im going E85(87).It should run low 10 teens then just a 100 to a 150.Its set up for 300 but I dont wanna work on it.

FB_IMG_1479235110936_zpsz8e3wxrt.jpg

I've been waiting for a long time for this.Sunday IM going to start to yank the 440 and take it to the buyer and the to the machine shop and get my 470.I've been sick, my machinist has been,death in the family has delayed me for a while.I also sold my K frame, suspension,and big brakes.Itrucked 9 weeks straight for a tubular K frame with Willwood street brakes.I just got back form a last ride with the 440.I tuned on it a few months ago and its ready for the new owner!Ill post up Pictures!My 470 is similar to another build cept Im going E85(87).It should run low 10 teens then just a 100 to a 150.Its set up for 300 but I dont wanna work on it.

View attachment 1715053211
Glad to see you're feeling better. Which tubular k did you get

View attachment 1715053211
that ur shop / kick a$$ ! keep it up .

that ur shop / kick a$$ ! keep it up .
No..F.B... No shop, I have connected with one , since '87... He's a neighbor, he's got absolutely smoking horsepower, but no chassis... P.M. me, if you wanna see old school...

No..F.B... No shop, I have connected with one , since '87... He's a neighbor, he's got absolutely smoking horsepower, but no chassis... P.M. me, if you wanna see old school...
I was asking B.D. if that was his shop. Am jealous ! LOL, always interested in old school tho! Whatcha got ? Kinda old myself !

The right exhaust is a mother!The flange is stationary off the header right at the bolt for the tranny brkt

Last edited:
Not feeling well.Spent all day at a funeral.Gonna have to get back out to the garage soon!

I got down to put the jack under the front.Couldn't get up.Finally got over to my counter and got up.Barely made back to the house!I guess that's it for today.I had done yard work(picked up 2 wheel barrels of limbs)earlier and got overheated.I don't have any stamina.I need to try to keep going to build it up but the warden said no more for today.

I got down to put the jack under the front.Couldn't get up.Finally got over to my counter and got up.Barely made back to the house!I guess that's it for today.I had done yard work(picked up 2 wheel barrels of limbs)earlier and got overheated.I don't have any stamina.I need to try to keep going to build it up but the warden said no more for today.
H2O

-
Back