Outlaw Figure 8 Racing

-

Ridge

Reaction score
I just thought I would share what I have been doing for the last six months helping building a new car to race at Irwindale Speedway also known as Toyota Speedway. In Irwindale California
We race Outlaw figure 8 and our car is # 15 our Driver is Wild Willem

I have been involved in figure 8 racing for around 18 years it is very exciting.
We also have a # 4 car witch is not ready yet do to lack of funds.

Any way here is a link to last Saturday night race hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/user/007ridgey#p/u/0/SXGic4qngEA

Ridge

P.S. I really enjoy FABO and thank you for all your help with my Barracuda

figure eight racin is the schitt!! i did that for almost 15 years and I'm missin it...you may have inflicted me with the racin bugg

Attachments

• profigureeight.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 156
  • profigureeightwinII.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 131
I think the carb is taking a dump every time you lift off the gas it craps out.
Will be rebuilding the carb be for next race.

Waggin this is a good infection that don't hurt unless you hit in the intersection.

are you kidding I aim for their rear bumpers in the intersection it scares them enough to get out of the way next lap :cheers:

Love to watch it on TV sorry to say we don't have it near me.

i had got me one some time ago and the guy just pulled off later that night he said it sounded like I ripped a hole in his hull, we had a few laughs together and plenty of fun racin thru the years after that, he got better and became some good competition :cheers:
Wannin your to funny I love them intersection bumper sparks

are you kidding I aim for their rear bumpers in the intersection it scares them enough to get out of the way next lap :cheers:

You know, I raced 3/8 oval, and an old timer who I built his sprint car motors for, told me, when they spin out, aim for them, and they won't be there to hit.....

He was right, the only time I forgot his advice I got a Chevy Shortbox right in the radiator.

I remember watching that 100? lap enduro at Irwindale that Jesse James sponsored big bucks for. I was shocked how close that race ended up.

autoxcuda I want to go to Willow springs next time you guys go and race my 67 cuda any chance that could happen.

autoxcuda I want to go to Willow springs next time you guys go and race my 67 cuda any chance that could happen.

It's always the Thursday before Spring Fling. All cars are welcome. Of course there are the run fees for track rental. $275 for pre register.

It's always the Thursday before Spring Fling. All cars are welcome. Of course there are the run fees for track rental. $275 for pre register.

Thank you autoxcuda I looked for you at the spring fling seen your
car but not you I guess you were busy.
That sounds great Ill have plenty of time to have the car right.
Is there a link to any special rules or requirements I need a heads up on.
Ridge

I remember watching that 100? lap enduro at Irwindale that Jesse James sponsored big bucks for. I was shocked how close that race ended up.

Yes 100 lap enduro at Irwindale that Jesse James raced.
Personally I think he treated most every one like we were all not worthy to breath the same air as him. Sandra I see why they call her holleywood`s
sweetheart she came up to me and started asking questions just like a normal
person would do. She is very nice.

Kinda of funny Jesse was going to race the oval and did not think it was important to have his seat belts as tight as they would go. LOL
I told him and my friend Billy told him.
He hit the wall broke his arm and his nose/face/ribs. Just to cool for safety.

Thank you autoxcuda I looked for you at the spring fling seen your
car but not you I guess you were busy.
That sounds great Ill have plenty of time to have the car right.
Is there a link to any special rules or requirements I need a heads up on.
Ridge

Overflow bottle, battery hold down, and a helmet. www.alltimeracing.com for more details.

Yes 100 lap enduro at Irwindale that Jesse James raced.
Personally I think he treated most every one like we were all not worthy to breath the same air as him. Sandra I see why they call her holleywood`s
sweetheart she came up to me and started asking questions just like a normal
person would do. She is very nice.

Kinda of funny Jesse was going to race the oval and did not think it was important to have his seat belts as tight as they would go. LOL
I told him and my friend Billy told him.
He hit the wall broke his arm and his nose/face/ribs. Just to cool for safety.

Yep, I remember all that. I helped with the #50 late model then. Working on my car now, so haven't been to the track in a year or so.

-
Back