Outlaw Music Festival

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Willie Nelson and the boys, Warren Haynes/Allan Woody of Allman Bros. fame and (Government) Mule (@RustyRatRod) , Avett Bros., and 2 ladies on before we got there. Showed up mid set of Mule and enjoyed what we heard. Avett Bros. (wife came to see them) were fantastic with their banjo and stand up bass, cello and fiddle all at the same time with great country folk type music. Willie came on last and showed up with a beater guitar that had a hole worn in the body where the pick guard would be and about 100 signatures on it. I've never seen Willie play but that guitar was either SUPER out of tune or he just plays random key riffs over his background band (at about +6dB over everyone else) that seem to have nothing to do with the current song being played. Very strange to hear a Willie song and have him playing something else or just ad libbing over it, but still singing the correct words in his style. I thought he was losing it but then he would play "on the road again" just like it was recorded. One of his kids was in his band playing next to him and singing a few newer songs, sounds alot like him. Amazing that some of the people were actually leaving during Willies set, but if they came to hear him sing like on the radio, they lost.

Seen The Allman Bros a few times. Saw Dikie Betts also. He kicked ***. Seen Duane Allman at house of blues, he headlined, Jimmy Vaughan opened. Jimmy KILLED his ***! Lol. Also saw Warren Haynes. Absolutely badass. Talk about tone man!!!

Seen The Allman Bros a few times. Saw Dikie Betts also. He kicked ***. Seen Duane Allman at house of blues, he headlined, Jimmy Vaughan opened. Jimmy KILLED his ***! Lol. Also saw Warren Haynes. Absolutely badass. Talk about tone man!!!
When was this? Duane was killed in 1971.

-
Back