• optomist

Votes: 49 44.1%
  • pessimist

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • pragmatist

Votes: 42 37.8%

• Total voters
-
well what i really meant is that life is what you make of it .....no one has everything work out perfect every time ....thats impossible ....but if you focus on the triumps only then its like as if everything does always works out. i have had plenty of things not work out for me and some bad things happen to me but the outcome of it all was positive because thats what i focus on. The bad things that have happened to me actually lead up to me now which is a very happy me because thats what i focus on. even the bad things that happen in life open oppertunity to move to a different direction which have as good enough chance of turning out good as it does bad. if bad things had never happened to me, i probably wouldnt be in the USA now, i probably wouldnt be into cars, i probably would have not gone to college......there are a thousand probabilities. but i focus only on the good ones that did happen so its like as if everything always worked out. :D

That is a great way to look at it.

Optimist. Growing up my parents didn't allow otherwise. A negative attitude is not going to get you many opportunities. Sorry I don't buy the 'pragmatist' category because I don't presume to know for certain how things are going to play out.

Long as the glass has something in it I am happy. I believe in God, Jesus Christ that is and in my beliefs you live and die, some days you laugh and smile, others you cry but you learn every day a day above ground is a another day you have been granted, try and accomplish something with it because you may not, and one day will not have another. Material possessions are nice and we all want something but what's most important is knowing where you will spend eternity.

Optimist. Growing up my parents didn't allow otherwise. A negative attitude is not going to get you many opportunities. Sorry I don't buy the 'pragmatist' category because I don't presume to know for certain how things are going to play out.

No apologies necessary, David. I really started the poll simply because I needed to get a few things off my mind. No one outlook is correct or wrong. It's a personal view as to how you approach life.

I can't answer the poll. I just take one day at a time and whatever happens at that time to deal with.

We've all heard the old saw about "an optimist sees the glass as half full and a pessimist sees the glass as half empty."

There's another choice that a lot of people don't know about. A pragmatist.

A pragmatist sees the glass as just a glass with some water in it. Is the water in the glass at such a level because that's all the water the person wanted? Is the water as such a level because the person drank some?

It is what it is.

Personally, I pray, hope, and work for a positive outcome while preparing for a negative outcome. Whichever happens, it is what it is.

Which are you?

Typically a pessimist. Expect the worst, hope/work for the best.

Simply,your outlook on life,completely affects others. People you work with,people you hang around. The effects of your personality,can rub off on others,good or bad. A simple thought,for the moment.

me i am not in to the glass is half full or half empty it is a glass of water drink it refill drink it again. i try to keep a positive attitude to every thing, i have been disabled for a few years and with out a positive attitude well lets just say my wife would have shot me a long time ago.

As soon as your born, you start dying so you might as well have a good time. Control what you can and let go of what you can't. That's how younggun2.0 lives life.

-
Back