Over center clutch spring.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one in the garage somewhere. I am sure I can find it though. I saw a picture once of one with a bunch of washers pushed in between the coils to lengthen it for removal or installation. I used a crow bar with a notch cut into the end to pry it out. I don't need mine with the Center Force clutch I use.

Yeah, ditch it with centerforce. I just installed a 727. The pedal is pushed to the floor, and the spring holds it there. I would give it to you, but I will never replace one again. Pain in the butt, and real pain to your body.

It ain't easy. I stretched it out with my floor jack and added small finishing nails between the coils on both sides until I had adequate clearance. Then put it in place and pry the nails out one by one (you still might have to pry each of the coils a bit with a screwdriver or small pry bar to get the nails). Be careful not to stretch the spring too far or you will need a new one. One guess as to how I know that.

Anyone have an old spring kicking around? Also, some direction in installing one would be helpful also. Thanks guys, and gals.

I have old spring kicking around. Can I get your contact information so that I will provide you with the information how to install it. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back