Over Kill?

-

1969GTS

Reaction score
Over kill or just stupid? I decided to replace the cheesy transmission cooler that was bolted to the front of the K frame with the heavy duty B&M unit. All the lines one of the previous owners installed were leaking. I didn't feel like laying on my back bending steel line all day. Sooooooooooo I measured them all up and had 3/8 double steel braided, 4000 Lb burst strength lines made. I think they will out last the car.

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

Yeah that should do it! I've seen smaller lines on skid steers and backhoes!

I put a similar B&M trans cooler in front of my radiator to cool my 904 behind my 225. I mainly did it because I bracket race my Dart all summer. This is its third season and it has worked great! Almost too good as it takes a lot to register over 140 degrees on my gauge. Oh, and the steel braided lines are a great idea too.

Yeah that should do it! I've seen smaller lines on skid steers and backhoes!

I was going to go with the next size down but the fittings looked a little small on the inside diameter. These ones should flow well and the fittings are hydraulically pressed on so no leaks. Its over kill for sure but I hate leaks and doing things twice lol.

Heck man you should've went with 4 wire hose!! LOL

A friend of mine does hydraulics and it was cheaper than the as the B&M braided stuff so I thought what the hell.

A friend of mine does hydraulics and it was cheaper than the as the B&M braided stuff so I thought what the hell.

Heck ya. I used to do alot of hydraulics on forklifts so I know what you mean. That's why I was pullin your leg about the 4 wire stuff. You ever try to bend it? Not fun to work with!

Heck ya. I used to do alot of hydraulics on forklifts so I know what you mean. That's why I was pullin your leg about the 4 wire stuff. You ever try to bend it? Not fun to work with!

LOL. This stuff is on the stiff side as well. Hopefully it will last for a good while I'll never do it again.

No such thing as overkill cooling when it comes to auto trannies unless.......you live on the Canada/US border and drive it daily. :)

There is no kill like over kill. LOL

Looks like it should hold up and cool well for you. Good work.

-
Back