over priced junk

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a guy here on CL that want $1600 for a late 70's 440 out of a motorhome because he "saw other 440's going for $2k on the internet" so he thought his was a good deal.

So I should get $85k for a 68 /6 Dart because I saw a 68 Dart going for $100k......so it had a hemi in it, its still a 68 Dart:banghead:
the last part of this is what i was talking bout lol i was think u guys would get on cl and find nuts peeps and post what they was asking for lol

Who you calling young.....I'm an old guy, I just act like a kid:violent1:

I don't know what I wanna be when I grow up, so I'm not growing up!!!!!:burnout:

LOL! DD is a bit younger than us, you didn't pick up on that? I'm not that awful far from 50.....

Anyway, I think he got it figured out. Enough said. We all make mistakes.

Here you go DD.....

Pardon the ad....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqZ95a249p0&feature=related"]Doobie Brothers - Black Water (High Quality) - YouTube[/ame]

I cant sell what you don't need even with a fair price
Cost is important to me but it is also how soon I might need said part.
Some I will have to wait for even if it is cheap because Im really not ready for it and I find some parts that are hard to find on west coast I get from my fabo friends on east coast!! example: California and the super six.. it was not smog legal here so there are few around also Id pay more for a Carb that I need now for my daily driver out of need.
I do see people start there prices high and eventually they will go down in price in time .

It is part of the Mopar wonder!
Wonder if I can find it
Wonder if I can find it soon
Wonder if I can find a deal
Wonder if my wife knows how much I spend on some of these parts

I meet some great people doing the Mopar shuffle
Its a world of its own and I wont burn ANY bridges or risk my little slice of Mopar heaven

Peace! and if u dont like it
Dont buy it....
It is the American way! :cheers:

With scrap prices up and parts prices down I'm glad some people take the time to part old cars, instead of just dragging the across the scales. 8 3/4 sg third member used to bring good money, I posted three sets of bucket seats on hear, three people posted after me there seats $75 less l.o.l. guess I'll try ebay.

With scrap prices up and parts prices down I'm glad some people take the time to part old cars, instead of just dragging the across the scales. 8 3/4 sg third member used to bring good money, I posted three sets of bucket seats on hear, three people posted after me there seats $75 less l.o.l. guess I'll try ebay.
Ya ur right bout the scrap stuff i took a 63 val that i parted out most of the way but i didnt finsh

Asa, I thought about this thread and read it several times,i originally thought u were calling my parts junk,but i now know thats not the case,I apologize for my mistake in calling u out,
TO EVERYONE WHO THINKS MY PARTS ARE OVER PRICED,I START OUT HIGH AND NEGOCIATE DOWN,,ALL MY PRICES ARE NEGOCIABLE SO I WILL START PUTTING O.B.O.ON MY THREADS ,,again, SORRY for the misunderstanding,,,SD340

:blob:eek:k then now that we got that outta the way.....way to man up there bud im happy to see this cuz i was just tryng to shoot the **** lol now im good lets let this go move on with this ....:happy1:

Not on topic, but, can someone send "dart_doctor" a keyboard with functioning puncuation keys, please?????

Man, it's hard to read some posts.....:blob::protest:

Not on topic, but, can someone send "dart_doctor" a keyboard with functioning puncuation keys, please?????

Man, it's hard to read some posts.....:blob::protest:
Ok do you fell better for saying that ? I sure hope so . just have fun but yes my keyboard sucks lmao

Asa, I thought about this thread and read it several times,i originally thought u were calling my parts junk,but i now know thats not the case,I apologize for my mistake in calling u out,
TO EVERYONE WHO THINKS MY PARTS ARE OVER PRICED,I START OUT HIGH AND NEGOCIATE DOWN,,ALL MY PRICES ARE NEGOCIABLE SO I WILL START PUTTING O.B.O.ON MY THREADS ,,again, SORRY for the misunderstanding,,,SD340

I didnt think there was finger pointing going on.And I KNOW nobody can question your generosity or charity Bob. You helped me out from a hospital bed for gods sake!

I cant complain about prices,most of it I cant afford period anyways,lol!

For example;If Bill at RMS was to turn around and offer me a front end suspension kit for ANY killer price,I'd still have to pass.

I guess thats why Im re-using most of my stock suspension and brake stuff.

Hey it was good enough for 40 yrs of service right? I just gotta get my *** together again and my Dart will be back on the road/track.:burnout:

Starting high and negotiating down is common practice.

But...... When your initial asking price is very high, it turns off potential buyers. In other words, people don't even make the offer that would get the negotiating process started.

Like your cross ram. I want one. I will get one someday. But I won't even make an offer on one with an asking price of $2,500 when I have seen most sell for about $700 less.

Starting high and negotiating down is common practice.

But...... When your initial asking price is very high, it turns off potential buyers. In other words, people don't even make the offer that would get the negotiating process started.

Like your cross ram. I want one. I will get one someday. But I won't even make an offer on one with an asking price of $2,500 when I have seen most sell for about $700 less.
SOME OF THE OTHER CROSSRAMS HAVE GONE FOR 1000.00 OR LESS LATELY,,BUT NOT AN STR-12 THEY ARE THE RAREST INTAKE OF THEM ALL AND I'VE NEVER SEEN ONE AT 700 AND I HAVE HAD 5 OF THEM :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back