overcenter spring removal

-

moparstilldeath

Reaction score
Hey folks

I'm trying to remove my overcenter spring due to pedal not returning to the released position. I know this is the problem due to already having the thru firewall clutch rod disconnected from the pedal. I think the bushing is in need of lube or replacement. Any tips would be appreciated.

P.S. I have tried the washer stack up and still can't get it loose enough to pry it off. Pedals are still in car(66 cuda)

I had an issue like this also , i bought a return spring at the hardware store and installed it from the pedal to the bell housing . The pedel has nice tension and returns fine

The pedal will NOT return up without the clutch adjusted properly. Certainly not with the pedal rod removed as it is not a return spring. the spring helps effort on the down stroke and return on the up stroke, but only if the clutch itself moves everything far enough. The return spring on the clutch fork only serves to pull the fork away from the pressure plate. It the clutch is worn beyond a certain point I don't believe there is enough adjustment to make the spring work properly.

-
Back