Overflow Hose

-

pacuda59

pacuda59
Reaction score
My overflow hose has been missing since I bought the car. Iwas just down at the parts store and the guy tried to sell me this thick walled hose that was twice the size of the ones I remember seeing on other classics. What size does a 69 /6 take and where do you get it?

I just bought some at autozone that fit. At first the guy grabbed some thick stuff like you said, I think it was probably fuel line. I saw near it something with the same interior diameter but thinner wall marked as vac or emission line. I got that thin stuff instead. I think it was 3/8" ID. They sell it by the foot. This was one a 68 318 but I don't think it would be different.

All it does is direct water into a vented catch can/bottle. Emmissions grade is what I remember seeing. Nothing thick at all. ITs not going to expand as the water has somewhere to go, its just a conduit.

I got mine at O'Reilly for my 67 Barracuda. I found it over by the windshield washer hose and pumps right there on the shelf. I think it was 7/64 diameter or something like that but it was the thin walled very flexible stuff perfect for overflow hose. Comes in a red and white box in 6 or 7 foot length.

-
Back