Overseas car sales

-

replicaracer43

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Ok guys, give me some feedback here. I have a car for sale in the classifieds, and I have a out of the country buyer potentially interested, what have you guys run into sending a car out of the states?

I have seen a lot of high dollar classics going to Dubai and other places in Saudi. They have the money and the car culture is growing rapidly. From roadrunners to Hell cats are starting to fill the streets there. There are a lot of videos of Hellcats dusting Ferrari's and Lambos.

Its really cool actually

Just have to get it to a port city like San Francisco and the brokers do the rest

Each case is different however first and foremost be clear and concise in regards to how to transaction will need to take place. Handle it with detail and let the buyer understand you are more than willing to make the transaction work. I have done it a few time without a flaw....

If you want to guarantee your money open a new checking account at your bank and have them wire the money to the bank and deposit it into the new account. The amount will determine when all funds are available. When the full amount can be withdrawn do so and then close the account. Fool proof plain and simple.

JW

Each case is different however first and foremost be clear and concise in regards to how to transaction will need to take place. Handle it with detail and let the buyer understand you are more than willing to make the transaction work. I have done it a few time without a flaw....

If you want to guarantee your money open a new checking account at your bank and have them wire the money to the bank and deposit it into the new account. The amount will determine when all funds are available. When the full amount can be withdrawn do so and then close the account. Fool proof plain and simple.

JW
Have done this as well but as said proceed with caution. And X10 on the new bank account.

I know money is money, but the problem with sending cars like old muscle cars to saudi arabia , dubai , etc is that they have no idea how to work on them, and have more money than sense.

Saudis dont work, they get a monthly stipend by their government just for being citizens. Who does all the work to actually make that country run is TCNs third country nationals. And how do i know this? I have friends who have worked as contractors over there making 2 to 3 times the money they would be making in the states all tax free doing a job they could employ one of their own people to do. Its all oil money. If you go to make some money, and your a devout christian, commit your bible verses to memory, and leave your bible and your crusifix home, as these will be confiscated and destroyed on your way into the country, as there are no other religions allowed inside their borders.

Soooo what are they gonna do when the oil runs out, or something better comes along that makes oil obsolete. They will do what they did before the oil, and become nomads again. They do not farm the land, because they dont know how. Farming is a relatively new concept for them, there is no manufacturing for export except for wahabbism , radicalism, and bomb vests lol. I guess you could say idle hands are the devils workshop there. Their whole infrastructure is built on what they pump out of the ground. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have seen pix of $200k supercars just sitting abandoned with inches of desert dust on them after they cease to be somebodies plaything over there. If they have this mentality with a vehicle that expensive, then what kind of mentality do you get with a $20k or $40k classic car. Again more money than common sense, i'd rather be buried in my car when i die than let it go over there.

Last edited:
-
Back