Overtorqued!!!!!

-

340sixpack

Reaction score
Apparently need thicker contacts to read torque wrench properly.Torqued head 10lbs over what they should be.What to do?Replace head gaskets,bolts?

Iron head with Fel Pro permatorque gaskets and ARP bolts.Any suggestions?Thanks.

Nothing to worry about, as long as all bolts were torqued equally. 10 ft. lbs. over? Ha. Some torque wrenches aren't even calibrated that close. Usually on an "off the shelf" torque wrench, you'll see ( calibrated to plus or minus 4%.) 340sixpack, no worries, you can sleep tonight.

Thanks for the reassurance guys.Just needed that second opionion just to be sure!

Not to worry, as a matter a fact I usually add 5-8% to spec'd torque numbers when I set my wrench to make up for frictional losses especially if I'm using an extension between the wrench and socket.

Terry

Don't sweat it. It shouldn't cause any problems.

Not to worry. Most torque wrenches are good for 2%-10% accuracy. 10 ft/lb at 100 isn't much. Back in tech school, we overhauled a 283 Chevy with a
CP734 impact wrench. It ran and sounded good. (as good as a Chevy could sound) LOL toolman

-
Back