OzzieMozzie's Valiant Charger Project

-

OzzieMozzie

Seasoned Muffdiver
Reaction score
G'day all, it's been a while since I posted on this forum but I've been busy working on my '72 Valiant Charger project over the last 7 months. I'll try to post all the pics here for you guys gradually over the next couple of weeks from the beginning of the project right up to it's current stage. Without further ado here's some pics.

How the car looked before I attacked it.

Charger017.jpg

Charger016.jpg

Panels removed.
ChargerRestoration006.jpg

Here's some pics of the rusty floor removal.
ChargerRestoration013.jpg

ChargerRestoration014.jpg

Floorpan001.jpg

Floorpan002.jpg

Remains of the rusty floor. LOL.
Floorpan003.jpg

Donor floor pans sandblasted and fitted.

Floorpansfinished008.jpg

Floorpansfinished009.jpg

Floorpansfinished010.jpg

Floorpan finished and rustproofed.

Floorpansfinished014.jpg

Floorpansfinished016.jpg

Floorpansfinished015.jpg

All up this took me 60 hours to remove the old rusty floor and unpick and fit the donor sections and rustproof.

More pics.
Chargerplenum018.jpg

Chargerplenum019.jpg

Chargerplenum017.jpg

Spot welding the donor section in place.
Chargerplenum032.jpg

Chargerplenum028.jpg

Chargerplenum035.jpg

Chargerplenum034.jpg

Fully welded and finished with the grinder.
Chargerplenum022.jpg

New top in place
Chargerplenum021.jpg

This area also took me approximately 60 hours to repair.

Your scaring me...
When i end up restoring my vj charger lol

Its still a nice car,but you never know until you blast her.
Alot Like women really.

Keep up the good work!

that is some great work! it is going to be worth all those hours in the end when you are finished. look forward to seeing the rest.....

Wow Great work your doing there . How bad was the donor car that your getting the repair pieces from ? Thanks for sharing the great pics . Keep us updated
Thanks

Definately some very nice work, but I was wondering about the donar car also, looks like it had a solid body.

What running gear do you want to put in the Vh brother?

Wow Great work your doing there . How bad was the donor car that your getting the repair pieces from ? Thanks for sharing the great pics . Keep us updated
Thanks

Definately some very nice work, but I was wondering about the donar car also, looks like it had a solid body.

Yeah guys the donor (green) car was a very solid sedan and the plenum, door hinge pillars and front windscreen frames are the same as the coupe. The sedan floor however was longer and I had to trim 150mm off the rear floor area to make it fit but you'd never know it was a sedan floor unless you were told.

Another installment for you guys and gals. The following pics are of the rear windscreen frame which has been marked out to show a fellow "hemi6pack forum" member here in Oz where to cut the donor panels I needed.

morebits001.jpg

BitsIneed005-1.jpg

BitsIneed002-1.jpg

BitsIneed001-1.jpg

BitsIneed003-1.jpg

BitsIneed006-1.jpg

Donor sections arrive from my mate in Alice Springs.
Backwindowbits001.jpg

Backwindowbits002.jpg

-
Back